It just happened!

I'll throw in the suggestion of Nemesis corners. When I got mine, I was able to customize the cut of the corners. So they may be able to cut them to fit the sliders perfectly as they sit on the Jeep. Just a thought.

Well that’s good to know!

Reactions: Sj's TJ
While my buddy was over today, I also had him remove the temporary cheap "Made in China" 2.5" OD butt clamp that was installed on the cut down-pipe. In it's place went a Walker 36530 exhaust 2.5" OD butt clamp.

If anyone else ends ups cutting their pipe, to make doing the RMS and oil pan gasket replacement easier, this is the clamp to use. I ordered several other clamps, including a Walker 33240. However, the 36530 clamp is far superior. The primary reason being, it has two clamps, an inner and outer, resulting in a stronger and tighter seal.

View attachment 407624

View attachment 407625

View attachment 407626

View attachment 407627

View attachment 407628

Glad you shared this. I'm not happy with my current clamps.

My exhaust pipes come together as a 'lap' joint. I'm not seeing any Walker lap-joint clamps with this inner-and-outer design. Did you happen to come across any?

Glad you shared this. I'm not happy with my current clamps.

My exhaust pipes come together as a 'lap' joint. I'm not seeing any Walker lap-joint clamps with this inner-and-outer design. Did you happen to come across any?

I did not. Only the butt joints.

Reactions: SSTJ
I noticed that Next Venture makes aluminum corners for the LJ. Have you heard of anyone running these? Just curious how the compare to Savvy or Genright.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/...-corner-armor-aluminum?variant=43923008061676

I finally had a chance to call Next Venture. Spoke with Tyler, who was incredibly helpful. What I found out from him is the NV corners measure 15", just behind the door. I measured the Savvy corners on my TJ and those measure 15 3/8".

He also told me the mounting holes aren't countersunk and there is no hardware included. The latter two points aren't a deal breaker, but I'd need to figure out something to fill the 3/8" gap. That certainly is something that would bother me. :unsure:

Last edited:
Just an FYI. @Sj's TJ mentioned the nemesis corners and their customization abilities.

Below is from their site under the tju corner, more info tab along with a custom order download sheet. Their download form mentions a rocker extension option that extends down to bottom of the side panel in front of the rear tire so you can cut to fit what ever rocker/rock slider you have. Might be worth a call to them.

- Corners can be custom built to accommodate any request you may have. Nominal changes such as removing unnecessary holes will be done at no charge. More involved modifications can be done for an additional charge. Contact our sales department for additional information and pricing.

Attachments

• TJ Corner Questions NEW.pdf
    100.2 KB · Views: 77
Just an FYI. @Sj's TJ mentioned the nemesis corners and their customization abilities.

Below is from their site under the tju corner, more info tab along with a custom order download sheet. Their download form mentions a rocker extension option that extends down to bottom of the side panel in front of the rear tire so you can cut to fit what ever rocker/rock slider you have. Might be worth a call to them.

- Corners can be custom built to accommodate any request you may have. Nominal changes such as removing unnecessary holes will be done at no charge. More involved modifications can be done for an additional charge. Contact our sales department for additional information and pricing.

I'll call them next week and see what they say about matching up with the Savvy sliders. Based on the pictures on the website, I'm unsure if that will be possible.

Until then, this needs to come out of the box!

20231014_133024.jpg

I'll call them next week and see what they say about matching up with the Savvy sliders. Based on the pictures on the website, I'm unsure if that will be possible.

Screenshot_20231014_145816_iPrint&Scan.jpg

Maybe, specs on their custom page suggest that might be a possibility.
Until then, this needs to come out of the box!

View attachment 465508

That's awesome! I haven't seen these in stock for a long time now.

Reactions: Irun
Front bumper is on. I had two sets of aluminum bumper corner guards, so a set of those went on. It took a while to get them to fit correctly, and install the time-serts on the rear bottom corners. Still need to wire the winch and spool the winch line. Also, I have the bumper grill guard, but am unsure if I'll install it.

20231014_162050.jpg

20231014_220009.jpg

Just read through this entire thread and grabbed notes. Thanks for a great read. I'm not much of a mechanic so I took my new-to-me 04 LJ to my mechanic to renew the suspension/steering/brakes and to change all the fluids. We bought a used transfer case skid plate and I had both plates powder coated. Installing a Borla SS cat-back system while it's apart.
Hopefully we're good to drive it now. I brought it back 400 miles on the turnpike with no real issues.
I'm working on my list of maintenance and possible upgrades and will keep following this thread.

Unboxed the NV rear bumper and am liking what I see. Great communication , awesome packing, and a top quality product. They even tossed in a hat without being asked. My favorite feature is wrapping the frame. Least favorite is the etched logo.

20231018_190320.jpg

20231018_190918.jpg

Unboxed the NV rear bumper and am liking what I see. Great communication , awesome packing, and a top quality product. They even tossed in a hat without being asked.
Hey now, I didn’t get a hat with my order..

My favorite feature is wrapping the frame. Least favorite is the etched logo.
Thankfully it’s located right in the ideal location for a hitch! If you choose to put one in, that is.

Looking good with all the latest updates!

Unboxed the NV rear bumper and am liking what I see. Great communication , awesome packing, and a top quality product. They even tossed in a hat without being asked. My favorite feature is wrapping the frame. Least favorite is the etched logo.

View attachment 466763

View attachment 466764

NV seems like good stuff. Though, like many outfits, they seem to be turning from TJs to JKs and JLs. I have their frame tie-in brackets. They fit perfectly and there are a bunch of little details that make them so much better than the other 2 sets of tie-in brackets I bought and ultimately discarded.

I’m with you on logos. I welded in the logo on my Barnes bumper.