JKs: Things you dislike about them

Across the way here in Kentucky you see jku mostly driven by the type of man who is the tie wearing type or atleast goofy polo that would shit themselves at 1st point of confrontation and only bought a jeep cause it looked neat and heard that's what real men drive. Other half are prissy women that keep their cells glued to their hand and doesn't know how to put it in 4x4. There are a couple of god awful parking lot crawlers that I laugh at. The tj and even xj scene around here is awesome though. More often than not they are true jeepers that wave and if they come out of the Flea market and see eyeing their rig or looking up under it, within about 20 seconds of meeting each other your both discussing jeepery things and laughing and cutting up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeM
Well here on the left coast id say 90% are mall crawlers . Most of the owners are not jeep people or what i consider jeep people i never ever get a wave back they look at me and my jeep like we are trash i guess cuz i wheel my jeep and dont keep it spotless i am lol. I am just not a fan of them or there owners

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Vanity mirrors in the sun visoer...need I say more?
Well here on the left coast id say 90% are mall crawlers . Most of the owners are not jeep people or what i consider jeep people i never ever get a wave back they look at me and my jeep like we are trash i guess cuz i wheel my jeep and dont keep it spotless i am lol. I am just not a fan of them or there owners

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Hey, if you see a cherry red JKU with half doors waving at you, wave back and smile. It's my wife...she wheels it.

Reactions: MikeM and Kiwi TJ
Not sure if it's been said yet but... PRICE. When I was in the market for my Jeep I did gander at 12+ unlimiteds(forgive me). I realized very quickly that if I wanted that I would bust my 20k Jeep budget real quick.

Reactions: StG58
Vanity mirrors in the sun visoer...need I say more?

Hey, if you see a cherry red JKU with half doors waving at you, wave back and smile. It's my wife...she wheels it.
If you take the vanity mirror off you'll see this.
01af1120f27154cebc82a017e12ff055.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: StG58
X2. The Austin area is crawling with JK's. I see a few YJ's and TJ's here and there. But nothing compares to how many JK's there are - the ones that are bone stock I never even waste my time waving at - but the modified ones, in my experience, wave about 2/3rds of the time and half of the time initiate the wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin has turned into such a shit hole; I'm so glad I moved away several years ago. I can't believe the average home is now $400k. So insane.

Austin has turned into such a shit hole; I'm so glad I moved away several years ago. I can't believe the average home is now $400k. So insane.

I lived in South West Austin - it still is very nice down there but it's getting much more crowded. I wish Austin could have stayed small like it was when I was a kid.

North Austin, in my opinion, is indeed nasty. It's just like any other big city. Nothing really special about it.

Where did you live in Austin?

Canada is having a silent civil war it's really a shame, the western provinces ( where I live) is all Farm Land and Rocky Mountains then the eastern provinces are all big city's and pollution. We all just silently judge each other... Then the way we customize our jeeps is a whole different ballgame.
a2e53a4559f718287dc20e973d75f459.jpg

As you can see the eastern city folk have AMAZING mods like get a load of that bumper it's so cool

f937b9b7a6457b7e9d356069d83a2275.jpg

Then the farmers and forestry people know how to Make a jeep do what it's supposed to do OFF-ROAD. All in All most of the JKU's in my town are all soccer moms, JK's wave occasionally but most are all college girls that bought it with daddy's money. TJ's and YJ's are a dime a dozen here, there's maybe only 40 out of 25,000 vehicles that are "Old" Jeeps.

I lived in South West Austin - it still is very nice down there but it's getting much more crowded. I wish Austin could have stayed small like it was when I was a kid

Where did you live in Austin?
I know this isn't directed at me, but I actually grew up in s Austin near Manchaca. That was way back in the 70's and 80's. I was just a kid and Austin was so much smaller, around 200,000. We'd go to Zilker Park, still some cool places when we venture our way there. Living in Fredericksburg now, we always opt for SA over. Austin is a last resort. Traffic is hell and Austin is weird!

Reactions: Kyle_W and MikeM
Canada is having a silent civil war it's really a shame, the western provinces ( where I live) is all Farm Land and Rocky Mountains then the eastern provinces are all big city's and pollution. We all just silently judge each other... Then the way we customize our jeeps is a whole different ballgame.View attachment 17534
As you can see the eastern city folk have AMAZING mods like get a load of that bumper it's so cool

View attachment 17535

Then the farmers and forestry people know how to Make a jeep do what it's supposed to do OFF-ROAD. All in All most of the JKU's in my town are all soccer moms, JK's wave occasionally but most are all college girls that bought it with daddy's money. TJ's and YJ's are a dime a dozen here, there's maybe only 40 out of 25,000 vehicles that are "Old" Jeeps.

That's a nice looking blue TJR!

Reactions: Kyle_W
I know this isn't directed at me, but I actually grew up in s Austin near Manchaca. That was way back in the 70's and 80's. I was just a kid and Austin was so much smaller, around 200,000. We'd go to Zilker Park, still some cool places when we venture our way there. Living in Fredericksburg now, we always opt for SA over. Austin is a last resort. Traffic is hell and Austin is weird!

We love Fredericksburg, if only they had some manufacturing there, so I could get a job.

Canada is having a silent civil war it's really a shame, the western provinces ( where I live) is all Farm Land and Rocky Mountains then the eastern provinces are all big city's and pollution. We all just silently judge each other... Then the way we customize our jeeps is a whole different ballgame.View attachment 17534

View attachment 17535

I can't count how many horrible and stupid looking rigs I've seen with Alberta plates on them!!! I haven't really seen anything ridicules in NS, NB, PEI, QUE or ONT. Toronto is the only eastern city that I find the pollution to be bad.

The only problem is that with the bigger size of the JKs, you lose the ability to go some of the places that a smaller TJ can go. In my opinion, the greatest thing about the TJ is it's compact size. It makes it great for going places that most larger vehicles can't go.

Smaller compact size is great... Unless you're 6'4" and weigh 270 pounds with wide shoulders. My only complaint about my TJ is that one shoulder rests on the roll bar and I have no elbow room so I'm forced to drive with my right hand unless I take the doors off. :p

I have a love/hate relationship with JKs myself. I really deplore the way they look stock and love the way they look with tasteful modifications. My minivan has the same engine though and that erks me just a bit as I hate that damned engine (2011 Caravan). I'm also a bit jealous of how much room they have for tires and how easy it is to modify the suspension given that. So much easier than the massive kits I'm going to need to buy for the TJ.

Where I am we have a decent mix of all models of Jeep. Plenty of older CJs, LJs, XJs, TJs and JKs running around here, mostly due to the military population and the plethora of CJ/LJ/TJs for sale for cheap from people who've had their fun and moved on to more luxurious cars.

I did stop and see what I could get for trade against a Yellow 15 JKUR though. Said they'd give me 12k for the TJR even with it's current transmission and suspension issue which brought the JKUR down to 25k. I almost did it. Almost.

Waiting for 2018 and the Diesel Wrangler to roll out before I even consider selling the TJ again.

Not that my wife would let me sell it.

Reactions: Chris
I can't count how many horrible and stupid looking rigs I've seen with Alberta plates on them!!! I haven't really seen anything ridicules in NS, NB, PEI, QUE or ONT. Toronto is the only eastern city that I find the pollution to be bad.

I'm just basing my judgementalness on kijiji ads (Canadian Craigslist) I agree albertans are all high and mighty with there oil money and spend stupidly.

Reactions: derekmac