JKs: Things you dislike about them

We love Fredericksburg, if only they had some manufacturing there, so I could get a job.
They have a lot of machine shops here. They make small parts for all sorts of companies, mostly gun related...but yeah, not much manufacturing. Everyone loves Fredericksburg. It's very popular tourist attraction...Breweries, wineries, restaurants and Bed and Breakfasts make most of the money

Reactions: tman66
They have a lot of machine shops here. They make small parts for all sorts of companies, mostly gun related...but yeah, not much manufacturing. Everyone loves Fredericksburg. It's very popular tourist attraction...Breweries, wineries, restaurants and Bed and Breakfasts make most of the money
The shops don't pay enough. :lol:

I did contract work out in Pflugerville for about 5 months and it nearly bankrupted us.

Say all you want about Houston, but when the oil is flowing, we can make some money.

The shops don't pay enough. :lol:
Tell me about it. And I know the owners of several of them, as well as employees! It's a German mentality. Not saying it's bad, just very, how should I say it, "Rigid, disciplined and frugal."

Anyway, back to JK's. I don't like the millions of useless mods people put on them just to drive down the street. I could do that on a Vespa scooter!

Why do you hate Pep Boy's and me gettin' my Blng on?
fce49527bcb7509629e8a7cfe6282b04.jpg

I had a work buddy and he had two JKUL's and 1 regular JK. Had about 60k into each of them.

I saw a JKUL rolling down the freeway and he had put textured white all over it.

I told my friend about it and he said "The sounds sick!"

Yes, he is way younger than me. :lol:

771be001c375e14361746b02303a3c58--white-jeep-jeep-jeep.jpg

I lived in South West Austin - it still is very nice down there but it's getting much more crowded. I wish Austin could have stayed small like it was when I was a kid.

North Austin, in my opinion, is indeed nasty. It's just like any other big city. Nothing really special about it.

Where did you live in Austin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived all over austin. My last house was near Parmer and IH35. My favorite place was a house I had near IBM. I loved working @ IBM and living a stone throw away. I lived off Riverside near Montopolis. Lots of other places too. I wised up and moved right between Austin and San Antonio. Excellent schools, not overcrowded, affordable, conservative...

Reactions: Kyle_W
Now that I have joined this site, I'm on the look out for really ugly JK's.

I was on the way to pick up some pizza and I must have had 4 jeeps wave at me!!

Anyway, I parked and about 5 spacers down was one ugly JKUL. I tell you what, it had every do-dad, knick-knack paddywhack, give the dog a bone bling attached to it. Everything wrong with JK's bundled up into one rolling Quadratec catalog.

I so wanted to take a picture, but they have outside seating and I spotted some brah dudes, sporting man-buns and figured it was their Jeep. I could have lied, I guess and told them what an awesome ride they had and wanted to snap some pics, but then I would have had to listen to them. :lol:

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and JMT
Now, I don't want to sound like I'm a hater of JK's or anything, I hate YJ's too...

Look at this here Gem of a Jeep.
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6155592100.html
View attachment 17550

I guess I just really hate bad taste in all things.

Actually I have to give that owner credit. They updated it in a way that makes it less atrocious IMHO. I'm in Palo Alto a number of times a year and I stay at the same Courtyard on El Camino Royale on the south side of town and, since 2005 (yes, 12 years now), there has been a red YJ Renegade parked in the under ground garage that has never moved and it doesn't have a spec of dust on it. Owning a CJ, two LJs, and a JK, I've been seriously tempted to round out my collection and talk to the hotel manager about it. Next time I'm there I'll snap a picture.

Reactions: JMT
FIAT. A Italian car company that makes really crappy cars and now has an alliance with Chrysler

He means what are you referring to as a Fiat? JK's in general?

Also, they aren't only 'allied' with Chrysler, Fiat owns almost all of Chrysler. Which doesn't seem to have had as much as a negative affect as everyone expected!

Reactions: MikeM
He means what are you referring to as a Fiat? JK's in general?

Also, they aren't only 'allied' with Chrysler, Fiat owns almost all of Chrysler. Which doesn't seem to have had as much as a negative affect as everyone expected!
He quoted my post about the Jeep Renegade, and said it's a fiat. The 90's Renegade was in no way related to Fiat/Chrysler.

Reactions: Kyle_W and JMT
Actually I have to give that owner credit. They updated it in a way that makes it less atrocious IMHO. I'm in Palo Alto a number of times a year and I stay at the same Courtyard on El Camino Royale on the south side of town and, since 2005 (yes, 12 years now), there has been a red YJ Renegade parked in the under ground garage that has never moved and it doesn't have a spec of dust on it. Owning a CJ, two LJs, and a JK, I've been seriously tempted to round out my collection and talk to the hotel manager about it. Next time I'm there I'll snap a picture.
I can appreciate anybody taking care of a car/truck/jeep/stereos/motorcycles/furniture...etc etc for the future and enjoy looking at said items immensely.

But it doesn't negate the fact that the styling is way way off for a Jeep and I think calling it a "Renegade" dilutes the overall brand name. We all know that all car companies are guilty of this re-naming practice, but I'm sinning Jeep here for their lack of taking into account of the "Toughness" of the Renegade package.

jeep-cj5-renegade-image.jpg

I'm sorry, the YJ Renegade is just odd, I'm not going to harp on the genius idea of the square headlights, but to add funky body kit?
73160791.HWSXzyMl.jpg

If your going to do it, why not add the whole damn Testarossa Kit and be done with it.

Testarossa20S.jpg

Now this is just my opinion, so if you disagree with me, fine.

If it makes you happy to own one of these or anything else I'm poking fun at, then I'm HAPPY for YOU.

Last edited: