My LJ Thread - A MrBlaine Spec'ed LJ Build for Daily Driving and Weekend Adventure

This was a great read, and wonderful build. Thank you and MrBlaine for sharing the details. I have been patterning my own build to the one that MrBlaine did for Kat several years ago. That was also a great build that kept the factory look on most of the Jeep.

Reactions: Pokey02
I followed the beginning of this build on another forum. Its the nicest LJ I have ever seen. Good work

There is far to little talk in this thread about the supercharger. I think you said you had the 6 speed manual, what gears in the axle? Did you find 6th gear usable on the highway because of the supercharger? Any significant mpg change with highway driving?

Reactions: Backdraft
Great vision and nice build with the finest attention to detail and functionality!
Good read, thanks all!

The desert trip was officially over when I hit snow! From here on out things got serious. I dove that jeep 1080 miles in two days on the highway. It brakes straight, doesn't pull on acceleration and goes around a corner with confidence. Given it is still a 2005 LJ Rubicon and not a Ferrari but it is a good handling one with predictable characteristics.

I figured I would sorta photo bomb this thread with pictures from the trip. It is all about making memories and this is the 1st big adventure for the LJ. I'm hoping to do more trips like this one with it in the future. It is also fun to drive around town in the meantime. Overall Blaine did a great job with all the work.

View attachment 39571
I'm not sure if I missed it in the thread, but can I ask what headlights you're running?

Was just doing some searching an reading on midarm while i wait for parts and realized whatever happened to this rig and OP?

The switch you can see in the above pic is a waterproof K4 push on push off switch picking up power from the original underhood light harness.
View attachment 32425

Sorry to bring this one back up but what exactly actuates this switch? Can i assume that you have to push it to turn the light on? At first I thought it was a pin switch that turned the light on when the hood was up but then I realized that there really isn't anything that makes contact with that location.

Sorry to bring this one back up but what exactly actuates this switch? Can i assume that you have to push it to turn the light on? At first I thought it was a pin switch that turned the light on when the hood was up but then I realized that there really isn't anything that makes contact with that location.
Your finger.

Love this build. Something I'm curious about though on the wheels. Somewhere near the beginning, the owner mentions that they are JK Moab wheels with 5.2" backspacing and that with a 1.25" spacer, it puts the effective backspacing right around 4". Upon doing a bit of research, I've found that the OEM JK Moab wheels are 17x7.5 with a 44.45mm offset which gives you exactly 6" of backspacing. Factor in the 1.25" spacer and the effective backspacing becomes 4.75".

Now Quadratec sells an aftermarket JK Moab that is 17x8.5 and has 5.2" of backspacing. @mrblaine seemed to indicate that these were OEM JK wheels. I like the look here and if clearance with a 315/70r17 isn't an issue, I may go down the same road.

Love this build. Something I'm curious about though on the wheels. Somewhere near the beginning, the owner mentions that they are JK Moab wheels with 5.2" backspacing and that with a 1.25" spacer, it puts the effective backspacing right around 4". Upon doing a bit of research, I've found that the OEM JK Moab wheels are 17x7.5 with a 44.45mm offset which gives you exactly 6" of backspacing. Factor in the 1.25" spacer and the effective backspacing becomes 4.75".

Now Quadratec sells an aftermarket JK Moab that is 17x8.5 and has 5.2" of backspacing. @mrblaine seemed to indicate that these were OEM JK wheels. I like the look here and if clearance with a 315/70r17 isn't an issue, I may go down the same road.
The OEM JK moabs I ran were definitely 6" of backspacing... I changed em mostly because they were to close to the frame and tub.
20180401_124308.jpg

20180413_194736.jpg

If you want to use em, they are a good option... Just make sure you get 2" adapters.