Washington Naches / Funny Rocks

If everything works out and jeep is back up and operable, I would be driving over Friday morning. About a 2 hour drive for me...

Ok, keep me in the loop, and if all goes well we can talk about what time we want to meet up and where. Presumably there should be some more opportunities with @Mumblewood in July-August since his wife will be chillin' out in Mexico. I think he knows the trails around these parts!

If everything works out and jeep is back up and operable, I would be driving over Friday morning. About a 2 hour drive for me...

This is my issue. Kinked the pass side front brake line. Brakes are a little wonky. Hope to get the tab relocated and new hard line tonight.

20220621_103514.jpg

Reactions: JMT
Ok, keep me in the loop, and if all goes well we can talk about what time we want to meet up and where. Presumably there should be some more opportunities with @Mumblewood in July-August since his wife will be chillin' out in Mexico. I think he knows the trails around these parts!

I will.
I just need to get the brakes back to 100%, then I'll feel better. Would be cool to hook up w @Mumblewood too.
Would be cool to hook up w a bunch a WA forum members and go play...

Yep going to get some pads put inside my socket. It's just all part of life as an amputee. It's more sore than anything.

View attachment 338400

Yeah, all the crap you have to deal with. The reason I can't come over on Thursday night is my wife and I are going out to dinner with another amputee and his wife. This guy had his left arm (40 years ago) and foot amputated (~12 years ago). The right foot is in danger. He's tried numerous therapies to increase circulation. His original injury was an electrocution. A really cool thing is happening though. A guy who started listening to the Bible teaching at our church was so transformed he wanted to start supporting the church.I think he's from the E side of the country somewhere. In telling me a little about himself he gave me this link. https://prpconcepts.com/executive-management/ One of the applications of this technology is wound care.

When I told him about this amputee who is doing everything possible to save his only foot he offered to come to Spokane and treat him for free. They've now had several consults. He's now scheduled to come at the end of July, early August. He's going to be showing four doctors how they do wound therapy. I'm really excited this connection took place. You never know what God is up to.

It looks a little irritated.
Damn, Rick. I know it's old hat to you, but I sure feel bad for your loss.
I've never said it, but Thank You for your service, brother!

I'd beat the shit out of it doing yard work and it had a bruise and blood blister which finally popped. It's all just part of dealing with this. I had thought I'd be on back on my feet already but it's taken longer to heal.

Reactions: tombicon
This is my issue. Kinked the pass side front brake line. Brakes are a little wonky. Hope to get the tab relocated and new hard line tonight.

View attachment 338406

Is that frame okay there? It looks like the kink may have caused some frame damage. Or maybe I'm not seeing it right.

Is that frame okay there? It looks like the kink may have caused some frame damage. Or maybe I'm not seeing it right.

Hey, dammit, bite your toungue. 🤣
I'm pretty certain that all happened due to losing my front spacers when installing my Yukon spin free hub kit. I lost about 1/2" space between tire and frame. So, at this point I'll double check tonight, but confident there is no frame issues. That is only caused by the tire lightly touching the hard line tab when stuffed hard passenger...
Blaine told, and I quote, " don't turn so fucking hard". 🤣
I tried listening, but, man, "in the heat of battle", I'm driving hard and forgetting some advice...

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
Well I got the front end back late last week so I’m prepping and painting now, and trying to figure out my front driveline issues. After that it’s about ready I think. Getting out back a week due to camping next weekend but gonna try to knock some of this out this week.

I’d like to get out with ya all and for once not be the only Tomb Raider out there haha

Well I got the front end back late last week so I’m prepping and painting now, and trying to figure out my front driveline issues. After that it’s about ready I think. Getting out back a week due to camping next weekend but gonna try to knock some of this out this week.

I’d like to get out with ya all and for once not be the only Tomb Raider out there haha

I have to admit, mine is the only Tomb Raider I've seen in person.
Would be cool to see yours.
What number are you?

Reactions: Wildman
I've been out of it lately and just saw this thread... are people going to moon/funny on Saturday or are you going up earlier?

I've been out of it lately and just saw this thread... are people going to moon/funny on Saturday or are you going up earlier?

Right now it's scheduled for Friday. I'm flexible. I could go Friday or Saturday.

I didn't even know there was a Tomb Raider edition of the TJ. So this is going to be a real treat to see a couple. 😁

No way I could do Friday, Saturday I could do, maybe... be a long damn day though @ 3hours drive each way.... tempting but gotta think about it.
My drive is 4:15. I can drive out Friday afternoon and camp, then wheel Saturday. I think @tombicon can go either day, but preferred Friday wheelin. Everybody think about it and we’ll keep chiming in.

Another thing is @DaveF knows his way around these trails too I think.

It looks a little irritated.
Damn, Rick. I know it's old hat to you, but I sure feel bad for your loss.
I've never said it, but Thank You for your service, brother!

I guess I should have added that I didn't stop when I'd first bruised it. Had to be macho & hardcore and just power thru the pain and ignored it for a week. By then it was all bubbled up and nasty and then popped. So now I'm paying for it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: tombicon and JMT
My drive is 4:15. I can drive out Friday afternoon and camp, then wheel Saturday. I think @tombicon can go either day, but preferred Friday wheelin. Everybody think about it and we’ll keep chiming in.

Another thing is @DaveF knows his way around these trails too I think.

I don't know my way around THAT well... lol, and my wife just reminded me of a previous appointment that going to make me a no go. We might try to get over that way in July though, during the week following Reiter Rock Crawl.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
I don't know my way around THAT well... lol, and my wife just reminded me of a previous appointment that going to make me a no go. We might try to get over that way in July though, during the week following Reiter Rock Crawl.

LOL. You know better than me! The Reuter Rick Crawl looks like it’s the weekend of July 16. I could make it out end of the next week. Maybe @Mumblewood could too. Lots of others we could put a shout out too.

Hi Dave. I could possibly do either, also.
I know you could be a trail guide, too.
Are we gonna see you?