Washington Naches / Funny Rocks

Sure, either one, take your pick... Reiter is the harder of the two, and I know it a bit better, but either works for me.

Cool, I have Reiter on my calendar for Friday the 22nd... need to get @B00mb00m to take the day off and join us, he loves that place :D

I'm booked for Money Creek Campground Thursday, July 21. Short drive over Friday morning to Reiter. What time do you want to meet up? Is there a place I can park my teardrop trailer (15feet long) at Reiter Foothills while we wheel?

Cool, I have Reiter on my calendar for Friday the 22nd... need to get @B00mb00m to take the day off and join us, he loves that place :D

OH heck ya, I technically already have the day off work. I was planning to come back from fishing on that Friday, but I am down to come back Thurs evening so i could wheel Reiter on Friday. Color me tentative since i have my whole family i have to convince also.

I'm also scheduled for a camp and wheel at Tahuya with 7/28-29 (thurs-fri).

Reactions: JMT and DaveF
I'm booked for Money Creek Campground Thursday, July 21. Short drive over Friday morning to Reiter. What time do you want to meet up? Is there a place I can park my teardrop trailer (15feet long) at Reiter Foothills while we wheel?

Lots of trailer parking, I trailer there all the time, lots of buggies etc. trailer there. It can get busy on the weekends so I tend to go early, not sure about Friday. My preference would be 9am meet up time.

Reactions: JMT
OH heck ya, I technically already have the day off work. I was planning to come back from fishing on that Friday, but I am down to come back Thurs evening so i could wheel Reiter on Friday. Color me tentative since i have my whole family i have to convince also.

Sweet, we'll see you there! No excuses!

• USA Proud
  • Haha
Reactions: B00mb00m and JMT
Sweet, we'll see you there! No excuses!

That would be three of us, which is a great size group!

P.s. my only comms are GMRS. What do you guys have?

Reiter is small enough you can just yell across it :)

Did they shut down all the outlying trails there? I remember when we started cleaning it up, many moons ago, when we were hauling all the junk out it seemed like the trail systems went on forever.

Did they shut down all the outlying trails there? I remember when we started cleaning it up, many moons ago, when we were hauling all the junk out it seemed like the trail systems went on forever.

I don't know how it compares to before, but we host a map created by Crash, the guy to kinda manages the place and organizes the trail maintenance and building. All of these are 4x4 trails, does not include the bike trails. (GPS enabled for Avenza for example)

https://timbertamers.org/ttwp/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Reiter4x4TrailMap20200814.pdf

1657315881788.png

Reactions: reddvltj
I don't know how it compares to before, but we host a map created (GPS enabled for Avenza for example)...

https://timbertamers.org/ttwp/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Reiter4x4TrailMap20200814.pdf

View attachment 341525

I've never actually seen a map, even from back when it was called Reiter "Pit". Until yours, so it'd be hard for me to say one way or the other, but that does look like a fair amount of trails. A lot of the further out stuff we brought back may have just been from up logging roads that were outside of the now designated "ORV" area.

Reactions: DaveF
I've never actually seen a map, even from back when it was called Reiter "Pit". Until yours, so it'd be hard for me to say one way or the other, but that does look like a fair amount of trails. A lot of the further out stuff we brought back may have just been from up logging roads that were outside of the now designated "ORV" area.

if you're in a stock rig with no lockers, you'd be hard pressed to fill a day at Reiter as the number of 'easy' trails is limited... in a rig like mine on 35's with lockers, can easily spend a full day there.... especially if you want to challenge yourself on harder trails.

Reactions: JMT and reddvltj
if you're in a stock rig with no lockers, you'd be hard pressed to fill a day at Reiter as the number of 'easy' trails is limited... in a rig like mine on 35's with lockers, can easily spend a full day there.... especially if you want to challenge yourself on harder trails.

It's been a LONG time since I played at Reiter. The last time I was there was for one of the first huge clean ups before they turned it into what it is now. Crash was still in a "stockish" looking Yota back then with boggers...

This was my 1st TJ out on one of the trails before the clean ups started.
1657317308187.png

1657317356817.png

Last but not least, what you can't see is the almost Volkswagen sized rock that I am turtled on... the photographer was feeling generous so he left that part out... No tow fee though I got myself un-turtled!!
1657317579021.png

It's been a LONG time since I played at Reiter. The last time I was there was for one of the first huge clean ups before they turned it into what it is now. Crash was still in a "stockish" looking Yota back then with boggers...

This was my 1st TJ out on one of the trails before the clean ups started.
View attachment 341539

View attachment 341540

Last but not least, what you can't see is the almost Volkswagen sized rock that I am turtled on... the photographer was feeling generous so he left that part out... No tow fee though I got myself un-turtled!!
View attachment 341541

Too bad we can't cross waterways anymore

Reactions: reddvltj

How early will you be in town Thursday? I was thinking if you want more for the drive and are here early enough we could could hit walker valley a bit... thurs.