New TJ Project Progress Pics

TJ4Jim

TJ Expert
Lifetime Supporting Member
#1 Son just nailed this unmolested 99 Sport 5 spd. with Air, Cruise, Tilt and all the convenience crap. Paid 6K, runs nice and needs TLC but the frame is clean.

1649389811984.png

Nice ride, always liked that color. Throw a dark tan soft top on it and it would look really classy.

Reactions: Wildman
I don’t know if this is relative but I just purchased one myself just for the pure joy of bringing it back to life- I have grown to enjoy doing that as much as driving them nearly-
I enjoyed the frame swap process on my 99 two years ago, had it setup nicely in the shop with reasonable organization. Since pulling the tub is so easy we may do it on this one too and my ceiling is still rigged. Hell of a lot easier and cleaner working top down.

Reactions: Alex01
Got her in the shop this morning so let the games begin. Probably have the Tub off tomorrow morning.

View attachment 323232View attachment 323233
I have mixed feelings about these pics. On one hand, it's nice to see a shop kept clean, on the other hand, the tarp on the floor reminds me of those old gangster movies where they cover the floor in plastic because they're getting ready to butcher someone.

#1 Son just nailed this unmolested 99 Sport 5 spd. with Air, Cruise, Tilt and all the convenience crap. Paid 6K, runs nice and needs TLC but the frame is clean.

View attachment 321391

Nice find! I've been on the hunt for a new rig for a couple of weeks now. Everyone thinks they're made of gold (yours looks like it). I don't want to pay the premium for one that clean as I'm just going to beat the crap out of it....

Reactions: TJ4Jim
Amazing difference working on a Jeep with a clean frame. we didn't break a single bolt thru the entire process. Had to cut the head off just one of the milk jug torx bolts, that's it.

Got him set up with soapy water, brushes of all types and Scotch Brite's prepping for paint.

jp5.jpg