California NorCal Jeep adventures!

There is the Catch me poker run next weekend. Start at butte meadows then runs up ward the high lakes. Probably around spring valley.
They have requirements of 33” tires and at least one locker.

Reactions: Bmxbry9 and Alex01
There is the Catch me poker run next weekend. Start at butte meadows then runs up ward the high lakes. Probably around spring valley.
They have requirements of 33” tires and at least one locker.
Next weekend I'm out of town but 19-20 or 26-27 I'm game for something. Finally seems like there's some weather in the forecast, not much, but maybe we'll get lucky and have a snow run.

Reactions: Gollywomper
Jeez. 2+ weeks of trying to find a shop to do gears and a locker for me.

No luck.

Only 1 shop has even returned my call/email. And they said no.
EVERY other business has not bothered to get back to me at all.

It shouldn’t be this hard to spend money!
At this point, I’m worried I won’t be able to have them done before my Moab trip in 2 1/2 months!

Jeez. 2+ weeks of trying to find a shop to do gears and a locker for me.

No luck.

Only 1 shop has even returned my call/email. And they said no.
EVERY other business has not bothered to get back to me at all.

It shouldn’t be this hard to spend money!
At this point, I’m worried I won’t be able to have them done before my Moab trip in 2 1/2 months!

Stop into River City. Or keep calling until he picks up. I get it that it is annoying, but he does good work.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
More snow would be sweet. Any good recommendations for snow wheeling in the area?
Wentworth Springs Road to Uncle Tom’s Cabin or Foresthill Road would be good. Foresthill Road goes all the way to Soda Springs but I wouldn’t attempt it unless with a large group. Uncle Tom’s would be ok with a small group and if you don’t hit snow you could keep going to the Rubicon trailhead.

Careful. Snow is getting bad. Lol

1BE64895-2465-46D8-91AB-288423A0CD1C.jpeg

Adventures!
Up the M-2 at 9am
See Cal fire helicopter just before Whitlock camp, head up pass Cold Springs, some snow on the ground but no problem. Pass Fish creek, almost made it to Thomes Pocket but a massive tree was across the road. Double back a little to 25N16; just a lot of old logging roads.
Head back, turn off to check out Whitlock camp. It’s open. Some one left a fire burning ( Fucking ass hole but it was really wet/snow but no matter Dead out is best )
so we stoked it up and hung out there till about dark
Almost to Paskinta and we see a SUV in the ditch that wasn’t there on the way up.
See a family of 4 with 2 young girls walking. Took them to the store where the dad had a friend coming.
It wasn’t square as I think the dad probably had a few.