California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Knoxville is fairly easy. Resent fires have cleared some pinstriping

Might have to go check it out sometime, it feels very close!

I saw this photo from another ZR2 owner there and looks pretty cool
E3491AA4-CAF7-4C96-92BC-153BDD0368DC.jpeg

Man that looks like fun. Drop me a line if yall do another run. Schedule opens up 1st week of feb for me.

Lets toss some ideas around, who knows you could be the next ROTM winner (mother F lol )
I'm free most weekends now Chinese new year is over on Saturday. There is plenty of snow up in MNF but you know, want trails, will travel

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney
Lets toss some ideas around, who knows you could be the next ROTM winner (mother F lol )
I'm free most weekends now Chinese new year is over on Saturday. There is plenty of snow up in MNF but you know, want trails, will travel

High Lakes? Is there snow up there? Concow Rd?
Snow Mt.? See how far up to the trail head we can make it?

Reactions: Thunderhead
A fun loop could be start off in Stonyford and take the M10 up to Letts Lake, then head over to the M5 to Goat Mt. Follow the M5 into Indian Valley Res, then you could follow Bartlett Springs road on out and back to Bear Valley Rd, to Stonyford, and I'll head back to Lake County. I've never done it starting in Stonyford, so I'd be doing it backwards from past trips. Just thinking outloud.

Reactions: Thunderhead
A fun loop could be start off in Stonyford and take the M10 up to Letts Lake, then head over to the M5 to Goat Mt. Follow the M5 into Indian Valley Res, then you could follow Bartlett Springs road on out and back to Bear Valley Rd, to Stonyford, and I'll head back to Lake County. I've never done it starting in Stonyford, so I'd be doing it backwards from past trips. Just thinking outloud.

The roads are open, just no camping
Looks like they are doing some logging on the M-5 but that would just add to the fun.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mendocino/home/?cid=FSEPRD628534I bet Letts Lake is frozen over

Reactions: bobthetj03
I wonder how much snow is up at LL ? I’ve only ever seen a few inches going up, starts right by Deafy Glad. Although the waterfalls coming off the mountain on the M10 are freaking amazing

Last edited:
I wonder how much snow is up at LL ? I’ve only ever seen a few inches going up, starts right by Defy Glad. Although the waterfalls coming off the mountain on the M10 are freaking amazing

Not sure, but LL is only around 4500 ft., so probably not a lot. We could also take the M10 to the Snow Mt. trail head and go up until it dead ends for the hiking trail, that is if we can make it that far. Snow Mt. looks pretty white from my side.

Not sure, but LL is only around 4500 ft., so probably not a lot. We could also take the M10 to the Snow Mt. trail head and go up until it dead ends for the hiking trail, that is if we can make it that far. Snow Mt. looks pretty white from my side.
Either way I would be in. The M5 and M10 split is really low elevation too. Just maybe plan to make it up to LL and go from there. I’ve been past LL and there are some steep switch backs and with snow they would be narley. It’s not far back to the M10 from LL either

Either way I would be in. The M5 and M10 split is really low elevation too. Just maybe plan to make it up to LL and go from there. I’ve been past LL and there are some steep switch backs and with snow they would be narley. It’s not far back to the M10 from LL either

Agreed. Plenty of fun to be had either way. Where do you want to meet up at? Obviously somewhere in Stonyford.