California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Hum. End of October will be wet. Hunting season goes through the beginning of November I think. Its a good time for up north like Castle Craggs (it was empty) or we camped at Medicine Lake/Glass Mountain and the camp grounds were empty. Good FS roads

Edit. ** we have camped at both those places end of October and Hat creek area same time fram. The lava beds are cool but I did not do much wheeling at Hat Creek

Reactions: tomtaylz and Alex01
Great Wall Navigator
5E7CB443-CBA0-4DEC-BBC2-139B34C0F1FA.jpeg

Lost Coast comes to mind too, but it's getting late in the season. Weather could be iffy. High Lakes is another option. I think PG&E still has the campground at the lake, but not sure after the fires.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Has anyone ran deer valley trail since it reopened last year?

I have never got to run it and am trying to figure out difficulty vs rubicon and slick rock. The only other trails in the area I have to compare it too.

I have never got to run it and am trying to figure out difficulty vs rubicon and slick rock. The only other trails in the area I have to compare it too.
I have. It's similar to Slick Rock .. no where even close to Rubicon. My buddy in a Taco with 35s did it without any problems.

I have. It's similar to Slick Rock .. no where even close to Rubicon. My buddy in a Taco with 35s did it without any problems.
Cool, I am looking forward to doing the new bypass on slickrock it’s supposed to be pretty fun.

Reactions: Alex01

Similar to Slick Rock but I think SR has a few harder spots. You can do DV with 33's but you either have to turn around and do it backwards to return or take the highway back around since you start out on hwy 4 and end up on hwy 88. I have not done the Rim Trail either would like to since I have a second home in Arnold.

Thanks! Hoping to get some good trips out of it this next year. Some more photos:

View attachment 118006

View attachment 118008

Looks really awesome man. I love that it's low key unlike 99% of the trucks I see out there on the road. Should be great for your needs for sure compared to the LJ, that thing has enough space. How's the ride quality?

Post up photos if you take that thing out in the woods.