California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Space is my issue. I'm looking for a space to rent to work on projects and my Jeep. I work on what I can. It's much harder to do you own work living in/close to major cities if you don't have a garage.
If you want to drive to the east bay your welcome to use my driveway...

Reactions: DrDmoney
Hey Everybody! I’m reading these threads and getting motivated/excited... wife and I just picked up our first Jeep since we were both teenagers... downside is that it’s a little 4-banger, but for camping and family trips I’m excited! I live in the Bay Area about 20 mins south of the city. I’m a firefighter for CalFire so I get to spend a lot of time exploring the woods at work... excited to set up the Jeep to be doing it a bit more on my off days!

D0C1EFEC-AD6D-47D1-9629-FCEA931679EA.jpeg

4474B9E2-36A2-417A-A586-DCF76822CE88.jpeg

View attachment 120348

Welcome! Nice looking TJ. Keep an eye out for up coming trips. There are two in the making now. One the first part of November to the Castle Crags and another the first part of December for a Christmas tree run in the Mendocino National Forest hopefully with snow like last year.

Thanks! Those trips sound great! Gotta get the rig a little more dialed in. I see you’re in Kelseyville... I live in the Bay Area but my fire station is actually in Middletown... we’re close! I see some great looking Jeep’s up here in Lake county. Been wanting to bring mine to work lately just haven’t felt like driving up 29....

Thanks! Those trips sound great! Gotta get the rig a little more dialed in. I see you’re in Kelseyville... I live in the Bay Area but my fire station is actually in Middletown... we’re close! I see some great looking Jeep’s up here in Lake county. Been wanting to bring mine to work lately just haven’t felt like driving up 29....
29 would be a hell of a lot more fun in a Miata than a TJ lol.

Hope to see you at one of the runs one day.

Reactions: DrDmoney
The Christmas Tree run is pretty easy... if we hit some snow, obviously you'll need 4 wheel drive, but you don't need a built rig for that run. Just come and enjoy.

Anyone want to get together for a run on Saturday. Thinking about going out and running slick rock?
Wish I could since I haven't had the chance to run it but I'm committed to going to Truckee over the weekend.

Have many of you driven/camped many of the USFS roads throughout CA? Just wondering what your experience was with that... that’s kinda the long term plan with my rig with the fam. No hardcore wheeling, just nice RTT on a small trailer and get outside. Probably a lot of the Stanislaus, Sierra, Mendo, etc....

Have many of you driven/camped many of the USFS roads throughout CA? Just wondering what your experience was with that... that’s kinda the long term plan with my rig with the fam. No hardcore wheeling, just nice RTT on a small trailer and get outside. Probably a lot of the Stanislaus, Sierra, Mendo, etc....
Yes, we do that too. Went through 3 National Forests on a 5 day trip last year. Trailer in tow with RTT.
IMG_20180725_113922968.jpg
IMG_20180721_150201752.jpg
IMG_20180722_175338838_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Fetch and Alex01