Other hobbies / pastimes

My favorite hobby is building and flying FPV racing drones. It’s an extremely fun and addictive hobby!

2650EC9B-6F36-442B-BD2D-7ADFB174E839.jpeg

7CF27FF4-CFD5-47AE-BF9B-FCED07B2D298.jpeg

I'm a jerk of all trades, and a master of none. People have told me I'm an expert on useless info, and I would be their first call if they were on a game show.

I've had a ton of hobbies over the years, I just don't like to stick to any hobby for two long. I was on the downhill ski team, and played football. I got my Black Belt, I competed in tournaments sparring, all over New England, plus the U.S. Open in Florida. Several knee surgeries took care of the skiing, and the Karate.

I got snowmobiles, and four wheelers, had to trailer the sleds up to Northern Maine after a few years of that, plus raising my son by myself I gave that up.

We would travel south a lot we had a place in Apopka, FL. Retired in 2000, started going to Grand Cayman, Curacao, and a few other islands. Then we started also traveling inside the US. I bought a couple of Corvettes, then decided that wasn't enough of a money pit so got into Jeeps.

I bought a house on a lake, so I spend my summers riding in my pontoon boat, I said I would never own a boat unless I lived on the water I hate the hassle of trailering toys. I love playing Achy Breaky Heart in the cove our friends from California own, just to drive them nuts. LOL

I have essential hand tremors pretty bad so the last thing I should ever do is try to pick up a gun. I know I left out a thousand things like I lived in the gym for years BC (Before Cooties), but closing the showers, and having to wear a mask to workout was to much for me.

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I started out on a honda 50 mini when I was eight, my brother had the honda CT 70. We would take the old rail road bed to the other side of town to meet up with two friends one had CT 90, the other had a Rupp mini bike. The Rupp was a piece of crap.

I almost got killed three different times on a street bike, so I decided that was enough.

Reactions: Squatch and Thatguy
I used to do a lot of hunting and fishing. Since moving to CO though I've pretty much stopped, too many people here to hunt/fish and leases are bringing in big $$. Aside from the jeep which is the primary hobby, I tinker with my motorcycle quite a bit, I've been snowboarding for about two years now, and recently have been experimenting with various bourbons and scotches. My home bar is nothing to brag about.

20200829_100535.jpg

IMG_4691.JPG

20190808_093024.jpg

20190808_141006.jpg
20200119_152841.jpg
20201020_182839.jpg

Last edited: