PSC Hydro-Assist Installation Instructions (Using Black Magic Kit)

It's not off any TJ I've ever seen.

I purchased from RockAuto and the manufacture date is last month if that helps anyone figure out what's going on.

I'll try again at another store.

That's really bizarre. I know that often times Mopar will supersede a part number with a different one, but this doesn't appear to be that.

I almost want to say they mistakenly sent you the wrong part. I've seen it happen where people return a part in the wrong box and somehow it passes inspection only to get passed onto the next guy as the "correct" part when in fact it's only the correct box. This has happened to me once or twice on Amazon. Fortunately they're very good with returns so it has never been an issue, only an inconvenience.

Reactions: Apparition
Is the factory truck pump on a 5.3 Lt adequate for assist?

I'm starting to put together a list of parts to acquire for the hydro-assist. I have an LJ, so the current pressure line from the pump won't work, and the earlier OEM is recommended in this, and other, threads. However, the earlier OEM line is now discontinued. Aftermarket lines are available, though.

Anyone have opinions on aftermarket OEM-equivalents vs. using field-serviceable ends and making a hose?

I'm starting to put together a list of parts to acquire for the hydro-assist. I have an LJ, so the current pressure line from the pump won't work, and the earlier OEM is recommended in this, and other, threads. However, the earlier OEM line is now discontinued. Aftermarket lines are available, though.

Anyone have opinions on aftermarket OEM-equivalents vs. using field-serviceable ends and making a hose?

Here's what I used
https://www.pscmotorsports.com/psc-he80293.html

• Love
Reactions: sab

Use the Edelmann or Autozone Duralast. Last several pressure lines have been Edelmann in Duralast bags.
https://www.autozone.com/searchresult?searchText=power steering pressure line

Reactions: sab