Progress is being made, but it's mostly fine tunning. I've duplicated the armor cutouts for the passenger side, decided on a fuel filling solution, thought really hard about where I want the reservoirs, Cycled the suspension about 100 times. Ordered a rear anti rock, ordered some fox hydraulic bump stops. Removed the sport bar, mounted the tailgate and valance armor.
I'll get pics soon.

I may have worked on the GPW a little too

I'm thinking I'm going to be tucking the reservoirs behind the towers. Plenty of room passenger side, but a little cramped with the fuel filler driver side. I would go above the frame arch but I'm concerned the antirock, and air bump might get a little tight.

PXL_20211118_140435759.jpg

and the internals of a T84 transmission. (for the GPW)

PXL_20211117_202548139.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to be tucking the reservoirs behind the towers. Plenty of room passenger side, but a little cramped with the fuel filler driver side. I would go above the frame arch but I'm concerned the antirock, and air bump might get a little tight.

View attachment 291224

and the internals of a T84 transmission. (for the GPW)

View attachment 291226

Looking good. Don't want to guess so I'll ask, are you mounting the AR in front of the axle? If you are what length arms are you going to use? Planning to have the arm attach to the axle in front or behind the axle? Sorry just curious to see what others are doing.

That T-84 looks rather like a T-90 except mine was missing a FEW teeth on more than one gear.

Looking good. Don't want to guess so I'll ask, are you mounting the AR in front of the axle? If you are what length arms are you going to use? Planning to have the arm attach to the axle in front or behind the axle? Sorry just curious to see what others are doing.

That T-84 looks rather like a T-90 except mine was missing a FEW teeth on more than one gear.
Until I have the antirock in my hands, it's hard to say. But its my hope to mount the AR in front of the axle, with the attachment points also being on the front of the axle. I am unsure of the length of the arms yet.

Reactions: Wildman
The filler neck showed up. Vented and angled like factory. I may blast it and paint it black.

PXL_20211118_161231161.jpg

PXL_20211118_161245819.jpg

Two options on mounting...

PXL_20211118_161329696.jpg

PXL_20211118_161336946.jpg

And a few pics of the rear armor. I spent a ton of time getting all of the gaps aligned and equal, but I'm loving the look.

PXL_20211118_161915704.jpg

PXL_20211118_161928298.jpg

Until I have the antirock in my hands, it's hard to say. But its my hope to mount the AR in front of the axle, with the attachment points also being on the front of the axle. I am unsure of the length of the arms yet.

I haven't tackled mine yet but as I'm sure you know there ain't anyway it can go behind the axle. I'd bought the bolt on version before I'd decided to cut my frame for the stretch. So I had the bent arms and needed the straight ones so ended up ordering their 17" arms. I'd clamped the stock brackets on with it in front of the axle and unless I shorten the arms the links will end up behind the axle.
I've seen it done both ways so that was why I was asking. Once I get my axle rebuilt I can get a tire mounted and flex it a ton and figure out what will work on mine.

Good luck with yours. And the gas cap looks good. Since I've had CJ's & a YJ before I kind of like it mounted in the rear.

Reactions: kmas0n
I haven't tackled mine yet but as I'm sure you know there ain't anyway it can go behind the axle. I'd bought the bolt on version before I'd decided to cut my frame for the stretch. So I had the bent arms and needed the straight ones so ended up ordering their 17" arms. I'd clamped the stock brackets on with it in front of the axle and unless I shorten the arms the links will end up behind the axle.
I've seen it done both ways so that was why I was asking. Once I get my axle rebuilt I can get a tire mounted and flex it a ton and figure out what will work on mine.

Good luck with yours. And the gas cap looks good. Since I've had CJ's & a YJ before I kind of like it mounted in the rear.
I ordered the bolt-on too, but since my frame hasn't been modified before the arch, I think it will work, but mounted to the front side of the axle. I wanted the bent arms (in aluminum) so there will not be interference with the bump cans. I won't know for sure till its in my hands and I can mock it up

Reactions: Wildman
And these showed up today too.
Fox IFP 2" hydraulic bump stops.
This kit is actually intended for the rear of a gladiator, but I really liked the 2.5" threaded mounting sleeves that can be frenched into the frame. With the threaded section I can dial them into exactly the length I want. If they don't work I'll just install them on the Gladiator.
image.jpg

PXL_20211118_223237621.jpg

The body is off again.
It's time to cut the factory cross member out, finalize mounting points for the stretch tank, air bumps, and new cross member. I need to also plate and rebuild the rear of the frame where the original shock towers were.

PXL_20211120_162627596.jpg

The rear is wrapping up to be about 7". I'm going to stretch the front as much as I can without going full hydro. Hopefully 3" or so

I got 2.75" with my steering just hitting the GenRight pitman arm. If I swapped back to the other pitman arm I have I might just get the tie rod to clear it. But this was with the TNT Customs steering box rotation kit also.

Blaine does a stretch in the front but could NEVER get him to explain to me how he does and and such.

I got 2.75" with my steering just hitting the GenRight pitman arm. If I swapped back to the other pitman arm I have I might just get the tie rod to clear it. But this was with the TNT Customs steering box rotation kit also.

Blaine does a stretch in the front but could NEVER get him to explain to me how he does and and such.
I'm using an axle made for a JL so Things will likely be different. Not sure if it will be better or worse. I am expecting to have to fully re-do the entire front suspension and steering. I'll know better when Spicer sends the axle out... probably in '22

I'm using an axle made for a JL so Things will likely be different. Not sure if it will be better or worse. I am expecting to have to fully re-do the entire front suspension and steering. I'll know better when Spicer sends the axle out... probably in '22
I haven’t done one myself but it seems like most say you can get at most 2” in the front without moving the steering box. @Wildman how much were you able to get without the tnt?

I haven’t done one myself but it seems like most say you can get at most 2” in the front without moving the steering box. @Wildman how much were you able to get without the tnt?

I don't really know how much I could have moved forward without the TNT kit. I didn't even try as I'd known from others that if I wanted to push it forward I had to do the TNT kit.
And when I was positioning my front axle I was trying to clear the engine pulleys. With my previous setup I was right under them. So I went as far forward as I could.

Without the axle in my hands, it's hard to measure, but it will likely be the same 2" everyone else gets. I want to look more into rotating the steering box.