I am in Springfield. I want to get her all fixed up and drive her to Utah where my parents are. It might cost and arm and a leg but it would be fun 😊

I'm in Springfield as well and newer to the TJ scene also.

Bought my first TJ back in March of 2023. Red 97, it had been lifted 4", running 33", winch, custom bumpers, hardtop, 2.5l 4cy. But being 26 years old had quite a few little issues since it wasn't their primary driver. Started with all safety issues and moved on from there. Shaky front end on the highway, missing hood latch, no third brake light, rear brakes, all new brake lines, power steering leaks, new power steering pump, emergency brake cables seized up, no muffler, ect ect ect. Did the ZJ conversion and alignment and made all the difference in the steering. Need to remove the drop pitman arm now that was previously installed to tighten it up just a bit more.

Bought our second TJ in September 2023. Silver 02, all stock except for an engine rebuild and a newer soft top. Planning on a 2.5 inch lift following the recommendations for here, Tires, wheels. Have most of the parts bought and in the garage waiting to be installed. If it would warm up just a bit to work in the garage it would be great

Send me a private message if you want help or tips/tricks on anything. I have a set of bars made up for alignments too.

we haven’t had enough warm days in between the cold. All I want to do is give her a good cleaning!! I detailed the dash the other day and she already looks 10 years younger lol

I’m definitely going to do the ZJ conversion here in a couple months. I’m trying to sort out some bad ball joints, my broken tailgate, and why she seems to have trouble starting first. But I definitely need to learn how to do alignments because I’m going to be replacing most of the steering/suspension components.

we haven’t had enough warm days in between the cold. All I want to do is give her a good cleaning!! I detailed the dash the other day and she already looks 10 years younger lol

I’m definitely going to do the ZJ conversion here in a couple months. I’m trying to sort out some bad ball joints, my broken tailgate, and why she seems to have trouble starting first. But I definitely need to learn how to do alignments because I’m going to be replacing most of the steering/suspension components.

I just had the same starting issue on my Yukon. Hard or no start on the first key up. Second try would always fire up. Ended up being the fuel pump failing and leaking off pressure between running. Could start with a fuel pressure test: off, at key up, and running.

Reactions: JeepGirl1013
Reactions: JeepGirl1013
I just had the same starting issue on my Yukon. Hard or no start on the first key up. Second try would always fire up. Ended up being the fuel pump failing and leaking off pressure between running. Could start with a fuel pressure test: off, at key up, and running.

Coming back to the fuel issue.

Jerry Bransford posted this in another thread.
Tomorrow morning before your first attempt to start it, cycle the ignition switch On-Off-On six times and each time it's in the On position leave it in the On position for 2 seconds before the next on-off-on cycle. So each time it's in the On position leave it there 2 seconds before the next Off-On cycle. If the engine starts right up after that you have a bad fuel pump.

The fuel pump has a check-valve inside that is there to keep the gasoline in the engine from draining down out of the engine and back to the gas tank. If that check valve leaked and there's no fuel left in the engine it take multiple Start attempts which is really just giving the fuel pump more time to get fuel back up to the engine. Leaving the key on to keep the fuel pump energized doesn't work because the fuel pump automatically shuts itself off after 2 seconds if the engine didn't start. That's why we're turning the pump on six times via the ignition switch being turned to the On position so the pump has extra time to get fuel all the way back up to the engine.