The auto locker mentality of the lunchbox or Detroit is simplicity, just like the slushbox. I love the selectable locker. With an '05 Rubi it is air driven. But if I had the option, I'd pick an E-Locker. Fewer components, less to go wrong. The auto lockers like the detroit or lunchbox can engage harshly when you don't want them.... sort of like a slushbox upshifting on a downhill.

That said, I'd recommend any locker before a winch.

So I pulled the trigger today. Putting a Detroit truetrac in the rear, regear to 5.13, and chromoly axels up front. I will get chromoly for the rear too soon, but had to budget. I have decided at some point in the near future I will put an ARB in the front. Just have to save again!

Thanks for all the input, you guys all had a lot of great advice and insights!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris and JP98
So I pulled the trigger today. Putting a Detroit truetrac in the rear, regear to 5.13, and chromoly axels up front. I will get chromoly for the rear too soon, but had to budget. I have decided at some point in the near future I will put an ARB in the front. Just have to save again!

Thanks for all the input, you guys all had a lot of great advice and insights!

Run that Rubi locker until she goes. They hold up fairly well. I've had to replace my rear locker (went Eaton E-locker) but the front is stil going strong. Did you get the pump from your buddy?

I actually opted out. The front 44 was modified for coil overs and I can't afford to undo the mods. For now I am sticking with the 30. Saving more. And I'll keep looking for a 44 front.

Reactions: JP98