Savvy Mid-Arm Deliveries?

Savvy has the right to run their business how they choose and people have their right to react accordingly.

If people don't like these threads there are other threads to visit.

I haven't encountered the issues with Savvy other than I wish they'd let me order bumpers.

My thoughts exactly. I know companies that operate the same way as Savvy and they continue to stay in business because people know they make damn good products. They’ll sacrifice the customer service for a good product.

Reactions: RINC and Apparition
I think a lot of it comes from the forum highly recommending savvy parts for everything, so when someone has an issue, the come to where they were recommended.

Reactions: Igoo65
I think a lot of it comes from the forum highly recommending savvy parts for everything, so when someone has an issue, the come to where they were recommended.

I disagree. If someone choses Savvy based on this forum, they're going to also know about the business practices. You can't see one without the other on this forum. Caveat emptor is alive and well here.

Reactions: L J
I actually don't see the difference, because they are tied together. You back one, you back the other! Personally if I was the owner of a company with so many complaints, I would try everything to remedy it, so my company would have a quality part as well as satisfied customers! Nothing can destroy a company faster than word of mouth. With the lack of response and delivery makes me want to believe that they don't give two shits about their customers and are relying on the quality of their parts to sustain them. Also the loyalist on these forums. Mr. Blaine I commend you and your company. You make a superior product, it gets delivered fast and when I had questions, you answered your phone and helped me out. That is excellent customer service with great parts! That is what Savvy should be! By the way I have called, emailed and messengered them everyday this week and I have received nothing back!

You don't have to see the difference, that doesn't mean it isn't there though.

I disagree. If someone choses Savvy based on this forum, they're going to also know about the business practices. You can't see one without the other on this forum. Caveat emptor is alive and well here.

Sure, word it however you want. They are still going to come here when they have an issue, especially if this is where the part was recommended, whether they know how savvy operates(or doesn’t operate.)

Reactions: RINC, sab and Irun
I feel your pain! I have been waiting on a Savvy cable shifter since April! I never had a problem getting parts from Savvy until now. If I had bought the Novak shifter it may not have been as good (according to some people on here), but at least I could be using it! They are a very frustrating company and I will rethink using them in the future!
Igoo65

I've been waiting since May for the savvy shifter. Thinking of canceling and just going Novak or another option.

Sure, word it however you want. They are still going to come here when they have an issue, especially if this is where the part was recommended, whether they know how savvy operates(or doesn’t operate.)

There is some truth here. I can see it going like this:

Forum User - What bumper should I get?
Forum - Savvy
Forum User - Great I ordered one and can't wait to install it!

Two weeks later:

Forum User - I haven't received a shipping notification and can't get in touch with Savvy
Forum - You just need to be patient and it will show up eventually
Forum User - That's fine, but I'd just like some communication

Two months later:

Forum User - I still haven't received my bumper and they have my money
Forum - We told you to be patient. Sometimes you have to wait for quality
Forum user - Savvy customer service sucks!
Forum user - You all suck!

:ROFLMAO:

Forum - Savvy

Two weeks later:

Forum User - I haven't received a shipping notification and can't get in touch with Savvy

Two months later:

Nailed it

Reactions: RINC

Forum - Savvy

Two weeks later:

Two months later:

Currently, your scenario would actually go like this:

Forum - Savvy
Forum User - I tried to order one, but I can't. The only option is to sign up to be notified when it's available. If I do that, how long will I wait?
Forum - Six pages of discussion on Savvy's great designs and poor customer service
Forum User - I don't want to wait, what are the other alternatives
Forum - Six more pages of discussion on Savvy's great designs and poor customer service interspersed with the occasional post of an alternative that many agree is inferior
Forum User - I'm confused. What should I do?????

:unsure:

I did think about that scenario, but I'm currently living in an alternate universe. ;)

Before I posted that snarky remark, I went to their site to see what the current option was for the front bumper. Of course, that changes (it was like that when I decided to get one, and I waited weeks before they started accepting backorders again), and your scenario is spot on when they start taking backorders again.

Reactions: Irun
You know that it’s the Internet though and everyone wants to make their opinion heard, even if it wasn’t asked for.

My opinion, I knew from reading on here that the wait time was going to be a while when I ordered my front bumper. Took 7 weeks. When a local forum member posted up a Savvy rear bumper for sale, I jumped on it knowing the wait time from ordering my front bumper.
200.gif

Reactions: Chris and Irun
I think the hardest truth to swallow is we (all of us on this forum) are not savvy's target customer. The JL/JT is where the money is, and they like selling in bulk to custom 4x4 shops. Direct retail really isn't their game. I know they tried to use Northridge and Quadratec for a bit, using the big online companies as the sales front, and just drop shipping orders as they came in.

There just isn't much money left from TJ/LJ parts sales. And where Savvy is stepping down, other manufacturers have stepped up, like motobilt, Genright and others, that are still aggressively developing new parts for these jeeps.

Its your money, spend it where you feel its best. And don't take any of it personal, its just business.

There just isn't much money left from TJ/LJ parts sales. And where Savvy is stepping down, other manufacturers have stepped up, like motobilt, Genright and others, that are still aggressively developing new parts for these jeeps.
I kinda surprises me that someone has not committed Shanzhai and brought out a mid arm kit. Looks like the demand is there.

I kinda surprises me that someone has not committed Shanzhai and brought out a mid arm kit. Looks like the demand is there.

Clayton calls their 3/4 link a “long arm” which is the devils phrase around here, but it’s not really a long arm like the RC, RE or MC long arms that use a belly pan style system, but it’s not quite a “mid arm” either Savvy mid arm links are around 27-28” I believe and Clayton long arm links are like 30-31”

Sorry that was a bit of a run on sentence.

Reactions: RINC

Apparently 3D Offroad in Colorado Springs has one, but they don't have an online store - so my guess is they sell one they install only. AFAIK it's a copy of Savvy's...

I see way too many Youtube videos of people building solid axle suspensions with absolutely no regard for geometry and important parameters other than "will the wheels go up and down?" to buy something without knowing a little about either the design process or the person(s) who designed it. Having spent a year here now, I have great respect for the designer of the Savvy mid-arm. Not so with any others, and it'd be hard to get to that level of respect since those designer(s) are not available. The only alternative I see to the Savvy is to build my own, but to do that right, I'll either have to learn a lot about solid axle suspension design or just copy Mr. Blaine's design as best as I'm able. Either of those options adds a lot of time to the process. Come on, Savvy!