The "9th Jeep's a charm" Build

I have been looking up some headlight replacements, and so I checked out my own headlights of course... are these factory or were these changed out or upgraded?

Just curious what I am starting with.

I have been looking up some headlight replacements, and so I checked out my own headlights of course... are these factory or were these changed out or upgraded?

Just curious what I am starting with.

View attachment 76126
Factory sealed beams...Crappy even when they are brand new. There are numerous ways to upgrade the lighting. If you stick with Halogen, you have got to direct wire through relays to get the voltage up. For simplicity, I'd go LED...

Factory sealed beams...Crappy even when they are brand new. There are numerous ways to upgrade the lighting. If you stick with Halogen, you have got to direct wire through relays to get the voltage up. For simplicity, I'd go LED...
I was thinking those Trucklite LED knock-offs a few people have been raving about. :)

I was thinking those Trucklite LED knock-offs a few people have been raving about. :)
I have the Chinese knockoffs and they are leaps and bounds better then the stock style. I have had them for a year now and have experienced no issues.

Great build. It looks really good. 9 jeeps in 13 years is quite impressive. I thought I was bad but I've only had 7 cars since I was 16 and only 3 of which are jeeps.

Reactions: KCNoDots
I have the Chinese knockoffs and they are leaps and bounds better then the stock style. I have had them for a year now and have experienced no issues.

Great build. It looks really good. 9 jeeps in 13 years is quite impressive. I thought I was bad but I've only had 7 cars since I was 16 and only 3 of which are jeeps.
Thank you!

I'm not sure I am impressed with my indecision to keep my vehicles long. LOL.

and that was with leaving out 4 VWs ( 3 Jetta GLIs and 1 GTI), and 4 motorcycles (Ninja 250, Bandit 1200, CBR900rr, and my current Rebel 250!)

So yea...this Jeep TJ I currently have is my 17th overall vehicle. and it is here to STAY!

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
Thank you!

I'm not sure I am impressed with my indecision to keep my vehicles long. LOL.

and that was with leaving out 4 VWs ( 3 Jetta GLIs and 1 GTI), and 4 motorcycles (Ninja 250, Bandit 1200, CBR900rr, and my current Rebel 250!)

So yea...this Jeep TJ I currently have is my 17th overall vehicle. and it is here to STAY!
:ROFLMAO:
I hope they were used and you didn't take a bath.

Looks great! Picture of ZJ steering parts mounted?
Here is my front end. And you didn’t even buy me dinner first. :LOL:

Does everything look OK? I wasn’t too sure about some of the angles, but I took it to an alignment shop and they said all is good.

Ps- this is a current pic as of today. That’s why you’ll see 35” tires here. I need to catch my build page up to this point still!

Reactions: Mikester86

View attachment 76445

Does everything look OK? I wasn’t too sure about some of the angles, but I took it to an alignment shop and they said all is good.

Ps- this is a current pic as of today. That’s why you’ll see 35” tires here. I need to catch my build page up to this point still!
Have you cycled your suspension? I see your not running any bump stops up front.
Haha yes! All were used and most of my purchases were under $7500 besides my 2 JKUs I had. Basically just trading vehicles around and making a few bucks each time.
Thats good to hear. Lately I haven't been able to say the same. I bought a BRZ and then the wife got pregnant. Needless to say that car didn't last long but is probably the one I miss the most.

Have you cycled your suspension? I see your not running any bump stops up front.

Thats good to hear. Lately I haven't been able to say the same. I bought a BRZ and then the wife got pregnant. Needless to say that car didn't last long but is probably the one I miss the most.
I need to do that still... I have never done it before so I am a little intimidated, but I have been reading up on what to do for it. Soon!

Reactions: Alex01
I did it for the first time not to long ago. If you read this thread you can see my step by step and the input of others telling me how to do it correctly. https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/track-bar-and-tie-rod-what-hits-what-doesnt.4665/page-3

Edit: It starts on pg 2
Thanks for the link!

To basically sum up the steps to begin checking for bump stop length if I am doing the front, i would...

remove springs on both sides, put both tires back on, jack up one side at a time?
and I would leave the shocks on to check when they bottom out, correct?

Easier way to remove the springs? I had to use a spring compressor to get those suckers in there.

View attachment 76445

Thanks......no not dinner, but maybe a drink. :)

• Haha