The "9th Jeep's a charm" Build

At full droop you may be able to squeeze the springs out. I was able to with my old 3.5 rubicon express springs. My new Currie 4 inch need a spring compressor.

They way you describe it sounds good. Just make sure when you fully jack up one side your allowing the other to fully droop.

Reactions: KCNoDots
At full droop you may be able to squeeze the springs out. I was able to with my old 3.5 rubicon express springs. My new Currie 4 inch need a spring compressor.

They way you describe it sounds good. Just make sure when you fully jack up one side your allowing the other to fully droop.
Sounds good, Ill probably use my floor jack with a block of wood to get more height.

Best spot to place the jack on each side for this process? To get the most flex.

Sounds good, Ill probably use my floor jack with a block of wood to get more height.

Best spot to place the jack on each side for this process? To get the most flex.
Thats exactly what I did. I want to say I used the control arm bracket.

Thanks for the link!

Easier way to remove the springs? I had to use a spring compressor to get those suckers in there.

It helps to disconnect the shocks...You'll get a bunch more droop without the shock limiting down travel. The front springs are pretty easy to get out. I always struggle with the rear springs.

Disconnect the sway bar links and the bottom of the shocks. A good pry bar comes in handy to pry them from the bottom.

It helps to disconnect the shocks...You'll get a bunch more droop without the shock limiting down travel. The front springs are pretty easy to get out. I always struggle with the rear springs.
Makes sense, so to be clear I would disconnect the shock on the side that is drooping but leave the compressed side installed?

And that is interesting, my rear springs just popped in super easy (3" BDS), Front ones were tough.

Reactions: derekmac
Makes sense, so to be clear I would disconnect the shock on the side that is drooping but leave the compressed side installed?

And that is interesting, my rear springs just popped in super easy (3" BDS), Front ones were tough.
Disconnect both shocks at the bottom. Pull springs, reconnnect shocks.

From 1/2/2019:
1.25” JKS body lift and 1” motor mount lift installed! I didn’t photograph the process but it was pretty straight forward! I really didn’t have any issues. The body lift was easier than the MML. Making room for those 35s.
:)

Reactions: Mikester86
From 1/5/2019:
35s mounted up! I was able to find someone to snag my old set of 5 31s from me for a good chunk of money. It helped offset almost 50% of my new 35s cost! I also deleted my rear tire carrier and spare when I sold my old 31s, until I can afford a better carrier to carry a full size spare with :)

Some quick shots right after they were mounted.

And again, this is on 3” BDS suspension lift and 1.25” body lift. :)

This further cements my belief that red IS the best color on a Wrangler! I absolutely love it.

Also, when I took my 35" spare off, I was amazed at how much quicker the Jeep became! That thing weighs a good 90 lbs. I would say.

This further cements my belief that red IS the best color on a Wrangler! I absolutely love it.

Also, when I took my 35" spare off, I was amazed at how much quicker the Jeep became! That thing weighs a good 90 lbs. I would say.
Thank you Chris!

I have really grown to love the red as well. I have had yellow, white, black, gray, and green Jeeps and I do really really like the red, with my tan interior too!

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
@Chris I have been meaning to ask you too, if you had a red TJ like mine, which tail lights would you go with? Would you keep them red? I am having a hard time deciding if red on red looks best. And if I should stay square or go round. Or Savvy. lol.

Thank you Chris!

I have really grown to love the red as well. I have had yellow, white, black, gray, and green Jeeps and I do really really like the red, with my tan interior too!

Yes, the red on tan really makes it look even that much better. That's a combo you don't see too often, as it's usually red on black.

@Chris I have been meaning to ask you too, if you had a red TJ like mine, which tail lights would you go with? Would you keep them red? I am having a hard time deciding if red on red looks best. And if I should stay square or go round. Or Savvy. lol.

Savvy 100%. The Savvy taillights are so nice and worth every penny. I love that they are nearly flush mount, and the CNC machined aluminum bezel looks excellent. It's amazing how bright they are as well.

I love my Savvy taillights! I think red on red will personally look great.

Savvy 100%. The Savvy taillights are so nice and worth every penny. I love that they are nearly flush mount, and the CNC machined aluminum bezel looks excellent. It's amazing how bright they are as well.

I love my Savvy taillights! I think red on red will personally look great.
The only thing I have reservations on the Savvy is that I would need to light my license plate differently and also I wanted to get your same body mounted tire carrier, so I believe I read that you had to trim it to fit with your Savvy tails?

The only thing I have reservations on the Savvy is that I would need to light my license plate differently and also I wanted to get your same body mounted tire carrier, so I believe I read that you had to trim it to fit with your Savvy tails?

I never bothered with the license plate lights with my Savvy taillights. I've never once been harassed for it, and I think the cops just aren't looking for that.

Yes, I had to trim my Exogate for the Savvy taillights. You can see the dimensions for the cuts I had to do in this thread:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...gate-for-use-with-savvy-led-taillights.16531/
And here's some photos of it installed with the Savvy taillights:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/morryde-exogate-with-savvy-taillights.12824/

From 1/5/2019:
35s mounted up! I was able to find someone to snag my old set of 5 31s from me for a good chunk of money. It helped offset almost 50% of my new 35s cost! I also deleted my rear tire carrier and spare when I sold my old 31s, until I can afford a better carrier to carry a full size spare with :)

Some quick shots right after they were mounted.

View attachment 79316

View attachment 79317

View attachment 79318

View attachment 79319

And again, this is on 3” BDS suspension lift and 1.25” body lift. :)
Looks great! 35’s on a stock Dana30, and it didn’t immediately implode! Lol! Keep up the great work! 👍🏻

Looks great! 35’s on a stock Dana30, and it didn’t immediately implode! Lol! Keep up the great work! 👍🏻
Thank you!

And Haha right! From what I’ve heard and based on my level of wheeling, I should be just fine with my Dana 30 and 35s. Luckily I have a Dana 44 in the rear. I am upgrading my front axle U Joints to Spicer 5-760xs for now, and also may go to chromoly shafts eventually too