TJ tubs for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do the same thing, buy the same year tub you have, then you know for sure there won't be any issues.
I was dead-set on doing just that...right up until I didn't. lol

I checked everything I could get access to in trying to determine if there were any differences, and discovered none (save for the VIN plate being embossed metal, and mounted with screws on the '98, versus a sticker on the 2000). There's a very workable solution to that, however... ;)

So are you going to paint the tub green? Or paint the hood, fenders, windshield frame and doors yellow?
Trying to resist the temptation of worrying about the paint at all, at this stage in the game. Would rather concentrate on getting it assembled and back on the road, work out whatever bugs I encounter, enjoy it for a while, and then decide on a paint color at a much later date. However, I also fully realize that to get the paint done now would make the most sense, as far as painting firewall, and such. Or paint the doors and front clip yellow. I'm trying to be more accepting of the yellow, but it's a bit of a struggle. Wife wants a burnt orange. I'd prefer a root beer brown/bronze. Maybe grey primer will win out!

Well, I was finally able to get my "new" tub home. Though filthy, this puppy is rust-free, and straight. Lovin' it!
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.