Turbo 4 Liter

The IATs were over 200 at times. I am going to upgrade the intercooler and turbo once I get it broken on. I did 9.5:1 on the stroker. Should help spool and not need as much boost. It has 3" exhaust from the turbo back, but the up-pipe still has the precats. I plan on changing that soon as well. It should be running again on Monday.

View attachment 352599

The exhaust you just described is what was on it when you dyno'd it, right? Is the pre-turbo exhaust still stock then? I'd love to see a pic of the 3" exhaust where it routes over the rear axle. I had to go down to 2.5" and dent even that to get it to clear at full stuff.

The exhaust you just described is what was on it when you dyno'd it, right? Is the pre-turbo exhaust still stock then? I'd love to see a pic of the 3" exhaust where it routes over the rear axle. I had to go down to 2.5" and dent even that to get it to clear at full stuff.

Yeah I built it that way when I put the kit on. The axle over was a challenge, but it fits. I'll grab a pic next time I'm under it. On the old engine the header and y pipe was all stock. The stroker has a Banks header and I'm planning on making a new y pipe in the future. I still have to pass inspections here though, so a cat is a must. I just passed again last week btw. Good for another year.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
I have a Garrett GT3582 and a Precision PT1000 intercooler I will probably run if I can fit it.

I was wondering if you could squeeze in an intercooler with the in and out on the same side, by my measurements it looked really close but possible. I am excited to see you make it work!

Obligatory pre-install engine stand pics.

20220818_152809.jpg

20220818_152801.jpg

20220818_152755.jpg

Yeah, so I might have purchased a LJ. I'm thinking the plan will be to swap the parts from the TJ build to the LJ with some changes as well. I think I may do a mid-arm and likely a Dana 60 in the rear. I'm still planning on doing the 6R80 and the Atlas so no change there. I do wish I would have waited to swap the engine by a week or two.

20220830_194631.jpg

Yeah, so I might have purchased a LJ. I'm thinking the plan will be to swap the parts from the TJ build to the LJ with some changes as well. I think I may do a mid-arm and likely a Dana 60 in the rear. I'm still planning on doing the 6R80 and the Atlas so no change there. I do wish I would have waited to swap the engine by a week or two.

View attachment 355445

Just think of the motor swap as practice for the big show! Hard to regret an LJ.

The stroker suffered some damage yesterday. I took the Jeep to Northwest OHV for some trail riding and light crawling. I drove it there about an hour and rode trails for another three hours or so. It was running perfectly. Coolant temp and oil pressure were good. Then it started clicking. The clicking turned into a light knock and squeak and finally an all out knock. Now it doesn't even really want to idle. I snatched it up with the trailer and towed it home. I'm going to pull the pan tomorrow, but the damage seems evident.

The stroker suffered some damage yesterday. I took the Jeep to Northwest OHV for some trail riding and light crawling. I drove it there about an hour and rode trails for another three hours or so. It was running perfectly. Coolant temp and oil pressure were good. Then it started clicking. The clicking turned into a light knock and squeak and finally an all out knock. Now it doesn't even really want to idle. I snatched it up with the trailer and towed it home. I'm going to pull the pan tomorrow, but the damage seems evident.

Hi Jezza, I’m interested in your 2000 TJ that you have listed. Can you PM me? I can’t seem to reply to the post due to a permissions issue and I’m not able to PM you either. My apologies for dropping this here.

Noooooooo!! That obviously doesn't sound good. Who did the bottom end assembly? What kind of oil pressure does it have after the noise started?

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Noooooooo!! That obviously doesn't sound good. Who did the bottom end assembly? What kind of oil pressure does it have after the nose started?

I had a local shop here do it. It still has 60 when cold 40 hot. It's still on the break-in Brad Penn 30 weight.