My buddy sent me this, just a mockup
IMG_20191206_105518.jpg

The plan is to burn everything on next weekend, then take it to the stripper/media blaster that same week. One step closer to the hpd30. The 5.13 regear should be complete by end of January I'm hoping

More axle shots🤘

IMG_20191211_101749.jpg
IMG_20191212_145517.jpg
IMG_20191211_114707_01.jpg
IMG_20191211_124800.jpg
IMG952019121295155939.jpg
IMG952019121295155912.jpg

Perches are currently tacked in place but will be burned in tonight. Control arm mounts next. We debated placement on the arms for awhile, but aside from cutting and moving the inner C we decided against it and the work wasn't worth the payout. Should be wrapped up by Saturday and off to media blast next week if no hiccups occur😃

looks good. i like those nice thick sway brackets, might have to snag a pair of those.
take the flat end of a hardened file to that spatter, it'll chip it right away

looks good. i like those nice thick sway brackets, might have to snag a pair of those.
take the flat end of a hardened file to that spatter, it'll chip it right away
Everything attached to the spring pad is 3/16" thick. The control arm mounts are 1/4" thick. I'll have to modify the antirock links but thatll be easy. We'll definitely get it all cleaned up before the blasting.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Everything attached to the spring pad is 3/16" thick. The control arm mounts are 1/4" thick. I'll have to modify the antirock links but thatll be easy. We'll definitely get it all cleaned up before the blasting.

those sway link brackets aren't 1/4"? they look think.
and i have no doubt you'll clean it up, just meant to offer a tip.
a hard file works better than any chisel or chipping hammer.

Reactions: tworley
My buddy sent me this, just a mockup
View attachment 127960

The plan is to burn everything on next weekend, then take it to the stripper/media blaster that same week. One step closer to the hpd30. The 5.13 regear should be complete by end of January I'm hoping

Double check that your steering clears those sway bar links and 1/4" thick trackbar mount. I previously had an axle with those brackets on them and they were all in the way of my Currie steering.

Will those sway bar brackets allow for a tie rod flip?

Yep. One of the reasons I went with Artec!

Double check that... Artec says they fit, and they might with the stock steering linkages (which have no business being on a Jeep with these brackets), but in my experience they don't. I even shortened the control arms shorter than the jam nuts would allow and I still couldn't get the steering to clear.

Double check that your steering clears those sway bar links and 1/4" thick trackbar mount. I previously had an axle with those brackets on them and they were all in the way of my Currie steering.
Interesting and good to know. Thanks for the heads up! I recall last year holding the perch up to another axle and it seemed like everything was in the same location but I could have overlooked it. Ill do some measuring:unsure:

Double check that... Artec says they fit, and they might with the stock steering linkages (which have no business being on a Jeep with these brackets), but in my experience they don't. I even shortened the control arms shorter than the jam nuts would allow and I still couldn't get the steering to clear.
Do you have any pictures of that axle? Did you do the install? Im not near the build right now so Ill have to check it tomorrow when I go back to my welders shop. I have spare knuckles that I can toss on and do some rough mockups.

Do you have any pictures of that axle? Did you do the install? Im not near the build right now so Ill have to check it tomorrow when I go back to my welders shop. I have spare knuckles that I can toss on and do some rough mockups.

The axle was from ECGS. I did not do the fab on it. Iirc the tube diameter was slightly larger than TJ so that may have caused more offset since ECGS didn't understand that they had to account for the offset. It's part of my old build thread: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-lj-2485961/index5.html#post39860025

The antisway bar mount made contact wit the frame at full flex.

IMG_20171011_184758.jpg

Here I shaved the driver's side antisway bar mount to clear the steering linkage:

IMG_20171028_155748.jpg

Unfortunately that only allowed the other side to hit:

IMG_20171028_161425.jpg

The stabilizer is tied out of the way for simplicity.

IMG_20171031_130852.jpg

Here's how much steering stop would have to be added for things to not touch (what I have there plus another 1/4"):

IMG_20171031_172642.jpg

This much had to be shaved away to get to that point:

IMG_20171031_172650.jpg

The control arms are now the length of unicorn arms because arms that short don't exist:

IMG_20171031_172847.jpg

Basically all kinds of wrong had to happen to even get it to sorta kinda fit.

Reactions: rasband