What winch panel switch are people using?

For those with compatible Warn winches, their wireless remote (P/N 90287) is convenient, works well, requires zero wiring and installs in seconds. Although not inexpensive at its typical $125 street price, so far it has been worth the expense to me.

81koeo2nkwl-_sl1500_-jpg.jpg

61b-2bgunsncl-_sl1500_-jpg.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2HI32U/?tag=wranglerorg-20

For those with compatible Warn winches, their wireless remote (P/N 90287) is convenient, works well, requires zero wiring and installs in seconds. Although not inexpensive at its typical $125 street price, so far it has been worth the expense to me.

View attachment 124031

View attachment 124032

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2HI32U/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Is it pretty responsive, or is there a delay between pushing the buttons and actuation? Seems like a good option to consider, as running a few less circuits would be nice.

My winch has a wireless capability, the delay is annoying so I always use wired. That being said I have an old Warn 8274 in the garage that will hopefully be going on my Jeep soon.

You can make a switch setup just like the things 12 Volt Guy has for a fraction of the price if you're not afraid to do some very basic soldering and buy the parts yourself. Just buy a couple switches from a local electronics store along with the various wiring parts and follow any of the videos posted on YouTube. You can use an extension for wiring to go from your winch to your switch as well.

There's no delay when using a hardwired switch. Delays are common however with wireless remote controls.
That's the reason I don't have one. To me a winch is a very useful tool but it can also become a dangerous tool very fast. When you have an emergency pop up, when I want the cable/rope to stop I want it stop NOW not after a foot or two has continued to wind up.

Years ago I put in a 12volt Guy switch on the knee bolster. Knowing what I know now, I would just make my own that is more discreet.

I've not seen the 12v guy one in detail enough to know, however, is the wiring just spliced into where the controller wires would be (either via splices into the wires or onto terminals)? An approach is on my list before next season.

I've not seen the 12v guy one in detail enough to know, however, is the wiring just spliced into where the controller wires would be (either via splices into the wires or onto terminals)? An approach is on my list before next season.

It's a wiring harness connected to the winch solenoids just like the controller. The dash switches are a master on/off toggle with an in/out rocker.

Is that stock controller parts fab'd into the dash?
Yes, and the other end of the cable has the original end still attached and tucked into the grill ready to plug into the winch.
The red switch interrupts the power to the controller to minimize accidental winch operation. I will eventually rewire that switch with ignition power that will require the key to be in the on position for the interior winch switch to work.
I also carry a non altered controller to use in the event I have to operate the winch from outside the Jeep.