You’re welcome! Again, please accept my apologies as this site isn’t live yet. I’ll keep you updated. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey guys,

Thank you for reading my post. I've spent several years working at an ECM company and quickly became aware of the PCM issues with the 05-06 Jeep Wrangler. In order to solve the issue, our company purchased an 05 and reversed-engineered a working, plug-and-drive PCM. I am enclosing a YouTube link that thoroughly walks through the issues and solution! (I just provided the PCM, Glen at @Ozzstar on YouTube did the hard work!)

I hope this helps some of you that have the issue.

best regards,
I have a 2004 4.0l auto. It needs a new tcm. Will this work for mine?

i have a 2006 tj automatic. im getting the p0172 and p0175 codes and at the same time i have no voltage to the heater circuit but i'm not getting the heater circuit code. will your pcm help with this problem?

i have a banks turbo and they provide a different tune. can i use the banks tune in your pcm?

thanks

dom

i have a 2006 tj automatic. im getting the p0172 and p0175 codes and at the same time i have no voltage to the heater circuit but i'm not getting the heater circuit code. will your pcm help with this problem?

i have a banks turbo and they provide a different tune. can i use the banks tune in your pcm?

thanks

dom

I see no reason you couldn’t. You’d just have to re-flash the new PCM.

thanks

dom
Hey Dom,

We would need your tuner and the new pcm would be plug an play. Call me at 866-888-7710 to discuss.

Thanks,

Mark

Oh no, I just bought an 05 auto and now that I read this thread, I'm worried that I'm going to have PCM problems! Dammitt!
Is this problem present in all 05 automatics? Should I be concerned?

Reactions: Wranglerfix
Oh no, I just bought an 05 auto and now that I read this thread, I'm worried that I'm going to have PCM problems! Dammitt!

I've had my 2006 with the automatic for a little over a year with no problems. I didn't know about the PCM issues when I bought it but from what I've read since then, the % with problems is pretty low and this thread gives us the ability to fix it if needed.

In the event you do have a problem with the pcm we have the solution for it. Just be aware that these pcm’s cannot be repaired as a lot of ecm companies make this claim. ✅

I just ordered one of these and can't wait to install it. Perfect timing that this is the first post I saw this morning. I've been dealing with the PCM problem the last few weeks. It's summer here in New Mexico and I'm ready for top off Jeep driving without the weird hard shifts and disconnecting my battery every 4 to 5 days.

Just curious, does anyone know what happens if the PCM miles don't jive with the cluster miles? Long term?

Just curious, does anyone know what happens if the PCM miles don't jive with the cluster miles? Long term?
I have been told by the guys at ECM to Go that 2005/2006 TJ/LJ don't store the mileage in the PCM but instead store the mileage in the odometer unit, so there is no match required.

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks

dom
Like yourself I have a Banks turbo with the Diablo tuner. I just replaced my PCM with ECM to Go PCM, that PCM had a 711 part number where the old PCM had a 703 part number.

The Diablo controller will not recognize the 711 PCM so I contacted Banks and Banks worked with Diablo who then emailed me an update file for the controller which will now program the 703 PCM and 711 PCM.

P.S. the new PCM fixed both my O2 sensor heater problem and also the shift problem and the LJ now passes smog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered one of these and can't wait to install it. Perfect timing that this is the first post I saw this morning. I've been dealing with the PCM problem the last few weeks. It's summer here in New Mexico and I'm ready for top off Jeep driving without the weird hard shifts and disconnecting my battery every 4 to 5 days.
Looks like I will be ordering one this evening.