Cut off the brackets and rotate them so they don't do that.

JMT doesn't have a welder so that isn't an option for him right now. He's going to bring his TJ over and we're going to do the upper spring bucket correction so that might be an option then to correct also.

I fixed mine when I installed the Superior truss way back when.

Reactions: Apparition
JMT doesn't have a welder so that isn't an option for him right now. He's going to bring his TJ over and we're going to do the upper spring bucket correction so that might be an option then to correct also.

I fixed mine when I installed the Superior truss way back when.
I tried shock relocation brackets originally and broke them on the first trip. The currie 60 came with brackets in the right spot so much better.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
I tried shock relocation brackets originally and broke them on the first trip. The currie 60 came with brackets in the right spot so much better.
Yeah, I"m not overjoyed about using extension brackets. I've had a set before (MC). I'd like to just get some new rear lower shock mounts, cut the old one's off, adn weld the new one's on in the ideal location. We'll see. Right now it's just checking the ride quality of various shocks. I am looking forward to the Walker Evans shocks that @Wildman is giving me in early September.

Thanks! Going to get some popcorn and a soda!
Enjoy at least the popcorn and soda. As for the Jeep, today we were tackling the fan clutch, water pump, thermostat and housing. That thermostat housing is a PAIN

Got the Rock Jock CE-9601 rear shock extension brackets installed and switched the rear Fox shocks for the Rancho’s. Night and day difference. I think it’s all what you You were right @Mike_H, the rear makes a bigger difference than the front in terms of ride.
32E63ADA-73D7-4F97-8D47-0A16047668C0.jpeg
6C302FA4-BA25-4F34-B6A7-D59688A7ADE0.jpeg

Right now I’m pretty happy with the ride on and off-road. I have more travel and a good travel bias. Glad I have extended brake lines. These Currie 4” springs are looooong, but I did manage to just slightly detach the front passenger spring from the keeper.

Front UP 5”, DN 4 5/8”
Rear UP 4 5/8”, DN 5”

0A817B5F-6742-4E2C-BAB7-47263AB941A3.jpeg
1D94944F-9935-46BD-9C48-675E340807D7.jpeg
1721269A-1547-4017-B46C-1517DEB5B0FC.jpeg

Still anxious to try the Walker Evans @Wildman, very.

Last edited:
I can’t tell you how much better the Rancho’s are over the Fox’s. If I told you I’d have to kill you. 🤷‍♂️

On that note, I have two emails into Savvy. Gerald, Michael, Katy. They are both inquiry emails. The first was before I read that the Fox shocks they sell are not tuned to Savvy specifications for the TJ. The second is after. I have yet to get a response. 😞 I can’t say I’m happy about that because any customer would like to purchase what he is advertised as buying. Maybe they did. I’m not out to get anyone. I just deserve the truth as a customer. I spent $659. I ought to know what I bought, and some restitution if it’s not what was advertised, which is why I bought.

I can’t tell you how much better the Rancho’s are over the Fox’s. If I told you I’d have to kill you. 🤷‍♂️

On that note, I have two emails into Savvy. Gerald, Michael, Katy. They are both inquiry emails. The first was before I read that the Fox shocks they sell are not tuned to Savvy specifications for the TJ. The second is after. I have yet to get a response. 😞 I can’t say I’m happy about that because any customer would like to purchase what he is advertised as buying. Maybe they did. I’m not out to get anyone. I just deserve the truth as a customer. I spent $659. I ought to know what I bought, and some restitution if it’s not what was advertised, which is why I bought.
Gerald doing his best Jack Nicholson voice, “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

A couple weeks ago I had to pick up my daughter from work one night because she wrecked the XJ and I’m not ready to loan her another car. After about a mile I realized I didn’t have any headlights and turned back home. I don’t drive much at night, especially this time of year when it doesn’t get dark till 9:30pm. A few days later I got into the FSM, pulled and checked all the fuses, pulled the steering column and checked the stalk receptacle for continuity at the key terminals. Everything looked good. The aftermarket harness relays were responsive to rotating the stalks, so I checked the wiring over and gave up that day. Went out again last night, removed the ground, cleared the metal of paint, re-attached the ground, walla’, let there be light!

Any reply re the 'tuned' Fox shocks?
No, and disappointing. Doesn't mean I won't buy another Savvy product, only that I won't buy one that has the variability of a shock.

On a related note, I'm still enjoying the Rancho 5000X 55255/55256. I virtually have perfect 50:50 travel bias. It is a sheer joy to drive.

For those who think that removing lift and going back to stock will make it drive better than a lifted Jeep, that is total nonsense. I have driven a stock Jeep side by side on the same day as my lifted Jeep and my lifted Jeep drives better than a stock Jeep hands down. It's not an issue of lift, it's a matter of setting it up right, and especially having the right shocks. I have no doubt you could make a stock Jeep drive just as good with the right shocks.

I just discovered the same issue with my shocks hitting the spring plates. I'm glad the brackets worked for you. My metalcloak brackets will be in this Friday.

I'm very intriqued by you jack-stand-bottle-jack!

It's not an issue of lift, it's a matter of setting it up right, and especially having the right shocks. I have no doubt you could make a stock Jeep drive just as good with the right shocks.
This^^^^^ With the right parts you can make a stock Jeep drive even better!

I just discovered the same issue with my shocks hitting the spring plates. I'm glad the brackets worked for you. My metalcloak brackets will be in this Friday.

I'm very intriqued by you jack-stand-bottle-jack!
Ideally cut the factory brackets off and get a new set and weld on in the proper location, but the extensions will work for now.

Yeah, those jacks double as jack stands. You can lock and unlock them when you get them where you want them. You can also carry one in your TJ behind the rear seat, they fit fine, although the factory bottle jack will work with up to a 35" tire for a trail fix.