California Dusy Ershim Run 2022

Dusy dates. What do you prefer? We will plan it around one of these weekends.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you guys feel about running the Dusy 8/18-22? Should give us a day to chill at one of the lakes to enjoy the hikes and fishing.
I have been looking over a bunch of trail reviews and from what I have read the weather can turn quite quickly. I will be going with the top on and bring lots of extra stuff just incase the weather doesn't behave

Last edited:
Reactions: DuncLJ and DrDmoney
How do you guys feel about running the Dusy 8/18-21? Should give us a day to chill at one of the lakes to enjoy the hikes and fishing.
I have been looking over a bunch of trail reviews and from what I have read the weather can turn quite quickly. I will be going with the top on and bring lots of extra stuff just incase the weather doesn't behave
60’s with a heavy soaking rain the day before we go and I’d be thrilled.

I just want to say my wallet doesn't like you guys... lol Ended up getting myself a fridge for the Jeep. They're just too damn cool and something I didn’t even know I "needed". The thought of cold beers and food that isn't floating in water is just too amazing to ignore

I just want to say my wallet doesn't like you guys... lol Ended up getting myself a fridge for the Jeep. They're just too damn cool and something I didn’t even know I "needed". The thought of cold beers and food that isn't floating in water is just too amazing to ignore
Floating beers never bothered me but the thought if ice cream 🤤

Thanks for reminding me what I need to blow some more money on. 🤑

Reactions: U8MYDZT
Which one did you go with?

Alright, I set the dates for 8/18-8/22. This should give us a full day to hangout at one of the lakes to relax and enjoy nature. The plan is to be on the trail by about 8am. We will meet in the staging area near the Courtright Pumphouse.

Which one did you go with?
I ended up getting the Iceco JP42. I was torn between the JP42 and the VL45. I really like the metal case and extra capacity of the VL45 but the JP42 was on sale for about $470. Plus the JP42 seems to be better insulated and could prove to be usefull.

Reactions: RubiconLJ
I ended up getting the Iceco JP42. I was torn between the JP42 and the VL45. I really like the metal case and extra capacity of the VL45 but the JP42 was on sale for about $470. Plus the JP42 seems to be better insulated and could prove to be usefull.

I've been fairly happy with my Change Moore TW45 so far. The temp readings are inaccurate, but it works very well. I've adjusted the temps in my mind to get the dual temp settings I'm looking for.

Alright guys I'm getting pretty excited about the Dusy! Let's do a quick check in to see who is still down for the run 8/18-8/22.

I have done some research and here is the trial plan I am considering. I am open to input if someone would like to change things up.

8/18: Meet at the Courtwright pump house about 8am and be ready to hit the trail by 9am. Stay at the Thompson Lake campground.
8/19-8/20: Go from Thompson to East Lake for lunch. Then press on to Ershim Lake and stay a full day there to relax and enjoy the outdoors
8/21: Ershim Lake Mallard Lake
8/22: Leave Mallard and make our way to Hwy 80

This should give us plenty of time to enjoy the trail, relax at the campgrounds and get some fishing/hiking in.

Still in the book as tentative. Getting to the point where I’ll know my guys schedules and make sure I got coverage.
Never been on the trail so I’ll have to defer to better judgment on the schedule.
Scott

What is the plan for radios? It sounds like the group is leaning towards ham but I wanted to ask y’all are interested in using GMRS?

I didn't get a chance to take my Ham course so I may have to stick to GMRS myself. (Damn transmission rebuild sucked about 8+ weekends of my time)

Alright guys I'm getting pretty excited about the Dusy! Let's do a quick check in to see who is still down for the run 8/18-8/22.

I have done some research and here is the trial plan I am considering. I am open to input if someone would like to change things up.

8/18: Meet at the Courtwright pump house about 8am and be ready to hit the trail by 9am. Stay at the Thompson Lake campground.
8/19-8/20: Go from Thompson to East Lake for lunch. Then press on to Ershim Lake and stay a full day there to relax and enjoy the outdoors
8/21: Ershim Lake Mallard Lake
8/22: Leave Mallard and make our way to Hwy 80

This should give us plenty of time to enjoy the trail, relax at the campgrounds and get some fishing/hiking in.

We are in the process of selling our house so my whole summer plans are up in the air. I'm still tentative but likely leaning the out direction.