Gladiator wheels on TJ

I don't mind the spare delete, but I'm convinced there are little demons that drive around my commute and throw chunks of metal and old screws into the road for fun with the number of flats I've gotten in the last 2 years. I once had a 3" lag bolt in the tire of my XJ.

These were my previous, non center cap, rattle can, dry rotted wheels 😂

Also, this is the only picture I have of the rear of my Jeep. I know not many are a fan of a spare delete but I sure am!

View attachment 217241
I finalized my spare delete yesterday. I love the look, and I don't have that giant tire back there weighing me down, and I won't scrape it anymore when I climb out of steep gulches. So many benefits and just carry a plug kit and valve stem tool for the rare occasion. A sidewall cut, well, there are risks, but I consider them rare.

F0527517-C35E-4D04-A1A5-DC9B587B8454.jpeg

Big improvement on the wheels, I noticed in your profile your running 4" lift, looks to be all suspension. I like the stance. I just installed 2.5 suspension but mine still looks a little low in my eyes, on 33's .

Big improvement on the wheels, I noticed in your profile your running 4" lift, looks to be all suspension. I like the stance. I just installed 2.5 suspension but mine still looks a little low in my eyes, on 33's .
Get the 1.25" Savvy BL and it will be perfect! 😉

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Thats

That's what I've been looking into, and maybe a spacer for the front since I just added a winch. Thanks
Yeah, your winch will add ~60 pounds. I did a spacer up front too. At one time I had a 10mm (0.397"), at another time a 10mm plus a 0.75" (totaled about 1.1"), and now I have a 1.5" billet aluminum. I'm still only getting ~3" up front, which means my OME 2933 HD springs are giving closer to 1.5" of lift. Up front I have a Warn Rock Crawler Bumper (39lbs), a Superwinch 9500SR (60lbs), and MCE Fenders (which saves me 10lbs), an Anti-Rock rather than the stock swaybar. IDK why my OME's are only giving me 1.5" There's literally nothing else that has changed.

Reactions: StoneCold
Personally, I like a 1999 TJ to look like a 1999 TJ not 2019 but it seems like there are A LOT of people putting new style Jeep wheels on old TJs these days.

Are they the Gladiator stock tires too? Price?
I'm with you there - the high BS/positive offset wheel look on a 24+ year old rig doesn't seem right to me...

I finalized my spare delete yesterday. I love the look, and I don't have that giant tire back there weighing me down, and I won't scrape it anymore when I climb out of steep gulches. So many benefits and just carry a plug kit and valve stem tool for the rare occasion. A sidewall cut, well, there are risks, but I consider them rare.

View attachment 217259
That looks great! What hinges are those? I like em!

Correct. I should probably adjust it in my profile. It’s an OLD 3”~ lift with 1” coil spacers 💀

gets the job done!

Reactions: JMT
I just picked up a full set of these last weekend for my 60th anniversary edition. Ordered a set of the dynofit adapters mentioned in the thread. Now they are sitting in the garage torturing me because I haven’t picked out a lift yet!

No serious off roading, just some dirt roads and farmland. Any suggestions on what size budget boost to go with?

Reactions: deadbeat son
I’ve debated on getting a set of the new rubicon wheels but could never bring myself to it. but seeing these gladiator rims is making me rethink my decisions

Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
To me, your bumper and winch say offroad, but going to a lower profile tire says mall crawler. :)
You'll need to bump it up to 35s.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

View attachment 216229
So what wheel adapter did you go with?

I like the spare delete look, too. Just haven't ever gotten over the mental hump of driving around without a spare. I've had such great luck with tires over the years that I fear the law of averages has to be coming for me.
This is me, 100%. Last time we hit the trails 2 of us had tires come off the rim. They were the 2 that had spares. So either the patron saint of Bad Choices & Good Outcomes was presiding, or I'm overdue for some tire trouble.

Rubicon rims go for 1200-1400 here in LA. With good factory tires. I saw one set of JLs for 750 but the tires were worn.

The juries still out for me. As to whether i like them. It almost feels like they are too new looking. But hey. If u can find them for cheap wiyh good offroad tires. Why not?

My jk rims and new tires cost me 300. Until i coukd afford a good set of tires.

Rubicon rims go for 1200-1400 here in LA. With good factory tires. I saw one set of JLs for 750 but the tires were worn.

The juries still out for me. As to whether i like them. It almost feels like they are too new looking. But hey. If u can find them for cheap wiyh good offroad tires. Why not?

My jk rims and new tires cost me 300. Until i coukd afford a good set of tires.
WOW
I just this past weekend bought a set of 5 JL wheels and tires (like new tread)
for $500 with lug nuts and tpms..not that they matter on our jeeps
put them on today replacing my 75th anniversary wheels in bronze that i had four of and they needed tires replaced