Gladiator wheels on TJ

WOW
I just this past weekend bought a set of 5 JL wheels and tires (like new tread)
for $500 with lug nuts and tpms..not that they matter on our jeeps
put them on today replacing my 75th anniversary wheels in bronze that i had four of and they needed tires replaced
Check out offerup in los angeles. You could make a mint. Greyhound ships cheap.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
@TCBrown did you get new lug nuts when you did the swap? I’d like to go with black but wasn’t sure the exact specs and shape. I’ve got the same wheel and tire combo and picked up the adapters you linked on amazon. I’ve seen others mention using locktite with the adapters.

Still looking for minimum lift recommendations so there is no tire rub!

To me, your bumper and winch say offroad, but going to a lower profile tire says mall crawler. :)
You'll need to bump it up to 35s.
😂oh don’t worry. Once these go I will definitely bump back up to 35”. I have them posted locally in case someone wants to trade 😉

@TCBrown did you get new lug nuts when you did the swap? I’d like to go with black but wasn’t sure the exact specs and shape. I’ve got the same wheel and tire combo and picked up the adapters you linked on amazon. I’ve seen others mention using locktite with the adapters.

Still looking for minimum lift recommendations so there is no tire rub!
I used my extended thread** (very imp) lug nuts that are standard TJ thread. Gladiator lug nuts won’t fit. At least they didn’t for me.

I used my extended thread** (very imp) lug nuts that are standard TJ thread. Gladiator lug nuts won’t fit. At least they didn’t for me.
They didn't fit for me either. I had spacers on with ravines before putting the gladiator wheels. Used spidertrax adapters and the gladiator lugs feel like they'll thread on by hand and when you go to torque them down you'll feel it slip. Used the same lugs from the spacers I had on the ravines.

They didn't fit for me either. I had spacers on with ravines before putting the gladiator wheels. Used spidertrax adapters and the gladiator lugs feel like they'll thread on by hand and when you go to torque them down you'll feel it slip. Used the same lugs from the spacers I had on the ravines.
i had to use my lug nuts from the Jk wheels as well the JL where like 1/16 larger diameter.
Not quite but close to it

Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
What type of lift do you have?

I’m working on the 2in procomp/rancho lift. Any reason I couldn’t use these wheels/tires. Guy on Facebook is selling the set for $400.

Take offs Aluminum 2021 Gladiator 245/75/17 4000 miles. With TPMS and will fit JK/JL also.
I know I’ll need wheel adapters and would be getting these.
ECCPP 4X 1.25 inch 5 lug Wheel Adapters Hubcentric 5x4.5 to 5x5 Wheel Spacer Adapter Fits for Wrangler JK RIMS on A TJ OR YJ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

05A7E92D-C71B-4B66-AE19-EB4D3A895AEB.png

3901C546-D147-421E-A2EB-5267ADB24873.png

I finalized my spare delete yesterday. I love the look, and I don't have that giant tire back there weighing me down, and I won't scrape it anymore when I climb out of steep gulches. So many benefits and just carry a plug kit and valve stem tool for the rare occasion. A sidewall cut, well, there are risks, but I consider them rare.

View attachment 217259
www.sidewallslug.com

• Wow
Reactions: lBasket
I’m working on the 2in procomp/rancho lift. Any reason I couldn’t use these wheels/tires. Guy on Facebook is selling the set for $400.

Take offs Aluminum 2021 Gladiator 245/75/17 4000 miles. With TPMS and will fit JK/JL also.
ECCPP 4X 1.25 inch 5 lug Wheel Adapters Hubcentric 5x4.5 to 5x5 Wheel Spacer Adapter Fits for Wrangler JK RIMS on A TJ OR YJ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVKIZW0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

View attachment 286556

View attachment 286557
No reason you can’t use those wheels and tires.

Reactions: red02tj
Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
I think those look good!

View attachment 286556

View attachment 286557
Those would work and look good on a red Jeep. Mine, not yours. ;)

Reactions: red02tj

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
What spacers did you get to make that work?

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
Hello, so what lug nuts can you use for the different thread pitch?

Cheers
Ron from Seattle