Gladiator wheels on TJ

Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
Hello, I'm looking to do the same conversion. What lugnuts did you use for the different thread size???

Cheers
Ron for Seattle

Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230
These look great! I just got some stock gladiator wheels to put on my completely stock TJ and the tires are 245/75/r17 do y’all think they will fit without rubbing? I will have the adapter/spacers on there and don’t do any type of off roading. Thanks!

not a fan of newer jeep wheels pn a tj but, these are a good fit for the tj. congrats. on the score!

I plan on putting my gladiator wheels on my 05 TJ when I buy a set of Rubicon take offs next month. My Sport S Max Tow wheels look very similar to the 05 Moab wheels.

IMG_20220830_165203_894.jpg

IMG_20220830_165143_877.jpg

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230

What lugnuts did you buy to fit these tires?

In
They are gladiator rubicon* stock rims/tires. I really wanted some when gladiator was released. Found a set in lower Alabama on Facebook marketplace for $800 for all 5 and couldn’t pass it up.

Looks great.

I was in Fairhope recently. Man what a thriving town, looked like Southern Living Magazine designed it. Sort of shocked me how nice and upscale it was. Mighty fine area.

If anybody else is interested in doing this, I have a set of Mojave takeoffs for sale. Northern California. 500 bucks.
Perfect condition. No TPMS

1BF4BCE6-E2E3-439D-B037-F6FCE3CEE1F2.jpeg

Reactions: StoneCold

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230

How did you mount the wheels with the thread pitch not being the same?

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230

What lug nuts did you use for them to fit right ?

View attachment 216229

View attachment 216230

where did you find the lug nuts to fit ?

Reactions: John Cooper
Guys,

the 5x4.5 to 5x5 spacers you buy come with the 5 new lug nuts required. You still need your old ones also to fasten the adaptors first

Cheapest source is gonna be Ebay for all of them but I got a 4 pack off Amazon, and then a single off Ebay for the spare

[URL]https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078RCTT25[/URL]

Yes but the spacers I ordered had wheel studs that are 1/2” diameter and will not work with newer jeep rims.

• Wow
Reactions: CreepinDeth