Greg's 05 LJ Build

Very cool. What did you use for the compressor mount? Are you finding any issues with compressor oil being blown out? You definitely need to provide details on the shower!

At the time it was a Kibly system, they has since closed but you can get the mount and pulley from Air Boss
https://www.cuoffroad.com/product-lines/ Now there may be others selling products that may also work

Yes I also installed a filter prior to my manifold block to remove the oil. I do check the oil level from time to time and do add oil but not very often.

On the shower I will have to get some pictures when I get the jeep back in town next week. But I can tell you the water coming out was so hot I had to add a tempering valve to lower the temperature. This picture was last year on the Rubicon, my son and nephew took my jeep down to the river and used a tarp and made a hot tub / spa. They removed the hand held shower from the end of the hose and used rocks to prop it up and hold it in place. They then pulled cold river water and made hot water to fill the spa.😀

IMG_3384.jpg

On the shower I will have to get some pictures when I get the jeep back in town next week. But I can tell you the water coming out was so hot I had to add a tempering valve to lower the temperature. This picture was last year on the Rubicon, my son and nephew took my jeep down to the river and used a tarp and made a hot tub / spa. They removed the hand held shower from the end of the hose and used rocks to prop it up and hold it in place. They then pulled cold river water and made hot water to fill the spa.😀

View attachment 102712

Haha, that's friggin' awesome!

So in swapping out my flares I needed to replace my rivnuts. I also hated those plastic nuts so decided to swap them as well. I have three sets of Rubicon flares (I love Facebook Marketplace) so wanted to be able to change them up if I wanted (painted, unpainted and scratched, unpainted and brand new)

If anyone is looking to do the same:

Here are the parts I used from McMaster Carr:

Zinc-Plated Steel Heavy-Duty Rivet Nut, Open End, M5x.8 Interior Thread, .5-3.3 mm Material Thickness
18-8 Stainless Steel Hex Head Screw, M5 x 0.8 mm Thread, 20 mm Long
316 Stainless Steel Washer, Oversized, Number 10 Screw Size, 0.203" ID, 1" OD
316 Stainless Steel Washer, Oversized, Number 10 Screw Size, 0.203" ID, 0.75" OD

IMG_1252.jpeg

Also picked up this Marson metric set (M39316)

IMG_1251.jpeg

I drilled out all the old rivnuts and smaller holes with a 17/64 bit

Filed the edges then applied touch up paint to make sure it won't rust

IMG_1249.jpeg

Applied a little bit of loctite before compressing.

IMG_1250.jpeg

Installed with some anti seize. Two of the bolts in each front flare needed the smaller washers for clearance. I hand started it then used a 1/4 air ratchet to make quick work of it.

IMG_1252.jpeg

First test fit. Looks pretty! Plan is to get it all installed then take it off and have all the bare metal powder coated. I am hoping I can press out the crossmember rubber bushings or else it can’t go in the oven.

D94092CC-6AFF-443A-BED6-5D67615F2878.jpeg

Some clearance issues which I think is pretty normal. I am going to make sure my motor is properly centered before going at it with the grinder.

AA6A90EF-BD71-4843-99FF-EFD4EECEAC4E.jpeg

Today is a good day!

So I have been chasing down alternator whine caused by a ground loop in my audio system for many months now. I had tried the following without success!

-common ground the amp and receiver
-common power the amp and receiver
-ground and power direct to the battery
-replaced RCAs and re-routed
-grounding the RCA on the back of the receiver
-disconnected antenna lead
-receiver illumination and accessory power straight from the battery

Finally as a last resort I tried floated the amp so it wasn't making any contact with the chassis and that fixed it! This is a $1000+ amp and its stupid chassis ground is tied into the audio circuitry!

3d printer to the rescue. I created some little isolator washers and problem solved.

IMG_1927.jpeg

IMG_1929.jpeg