How to identify axles on a Jeep Wrangler TJ (and what the difference is with each axle)

I appreciate that, but for some reason it says no records found :/

Thanks, @H_E_H! The build sheet for my 2000 TJ Sport says it has a Dana 30 up front and a Dana 44 on the rear. The gear ratio is 3.73. Very helpful! Do I understand correctly that a factory Dana 44 on a non-Rubicon TJ is relatively rare?

@itszachmiller, I had the same problem the first time I entered my VIN... but I entered the letters in lower case. So, I re-entered my VIN using upper case letters and the build sheet came right up.

I appreciate that, but for some reason it says no records found :/

@H_E_H, thanks! The build sheet for my 2000 TJ Sport says it has a Dana 30 front and a Dana 44 rear (which is unusual for a Sport). The gear ratio, as expected is 3.73.

@itszachmiller, that happened to me, too, the first time I entered my VIN using lower-case letters. I re-entered it using UPPER-CASE letters and the build sheet came right up.

I have a stock 2003 Jeep Sahara with the 42rle. I have the Dana 30 front and Dana 35 rear. I wanted to put 33s, 3” Currie lift and a 1” body lift. However, after reading about everything, I can’t get the Dana 35s to the recommended gear ratio for 33s. Is it even worth doing much too without replacing the Dana 35?

Apologies for digging up a dead post. Trying to learn more every day while I play with this 97 I have. This is looking like a 44 to me but before I get too excited I just wanted to confirm.

20210605_213200.jpg

says the same for me, *Vehicles built before 1998 are not eligible for this functionality. Mine is a 1997 hence not listed. rats

Looking at this '04 TJ with 100k miles. It's got cheap rough country lift...but wanted to know if this is a Dana 35.

Also, what other issues should I look for on a '04 w/100k miles? Thanks in advance.
pT3Cn-mGnmT7mx5XurkZ2ZvwcLklq1acwHVFcWuzmh_g=w1280.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out what my alxe gear ratio is to figure out what I could tow, but it's kinda hard to sort out. What's I've got is a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4-door. According to the manual if it's Axle is 3.21 I can tow 2000 lbs (not enough for what I have planned) but if it's 3.73 I can tow 3500 (what I want to hear). Can anyone help me figure it out from these pictures?

Back:
rarkcr6.jpg

and Front
ROLB0rv.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm trying to figure out what my alxe gear ratio is to figure out what I could tow, but it's kinda hard to sort out. What's I've got is a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited 4-door. According to the manual if it's Axle is 3.21 I can tow 2000 lbs (not enough for what I have planned) but if it's 3.73 I can tow 3500 (what I want to hear). Can anyone help me figure it out from these pictures?

Back:
View attachment 308190
and Front
View attachment 308191
It's possible someone here will know the answer, but this forum is dedicated to the Wrangler TJ which was produced from 1997-2006.

https://wranglerjkforum.net

Oops, I had fornt and back labeled wrong. The first picture is the front, the second the back :)

I do not see the classic Dana tag on the cover so take a pick of stickers on the axle and see if we get luck with that.