Lift for 31s? Need some guidance

Pics please...That’s the car I’ve been wanting for a long time. Was going to buy that, but bought a Jeep instead...probably will have much into this Jeep as a ZL1.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Chevrolet-Camaro-Panama-City-d606_L5010#listing=261694284
Here you go! Love the car just don't drive it all since I got the jeep.

1580567313957.png

That’s the exact year I want, but I don’t like red cars. I want a 13 in that carbon/gray color, red looks good, but it’s too bright for my taste. Only reason is the taillights are similar to the 67-69 years, once I started looking at the 10-13 camaro, my desire for the 67 model diminished. Someday I’d like to have both, but a factory 550+ supercharged engine is a lot of fun.
I don’t see how you can sell that, it’s absolutely gorgeous, I’d miss hearing it.

That’s the exact year I want, but I don’t like red cars. I want a 13 in that carbon/gray color, red looks good, but it’s too bright for my taste. Only reason is the taillights are similar to the 67-69 years, once I started looking at the 10-13 camaro, my desire for the 67 model diminished. Someday I’d like to have both, but a factory 550+ supercharged engine is a lot of fun.
I don’t see how you can sell that, it’s absolutely gorgeous, I’d miss hearing it.

Thanks! Yeah it is a very loud and good sounding car my neighbors hate me LOL. I just had a change in lifestyle and would rather use the money to pursue other things. Hoping someone serious will come along soon, its priced to sell....

I run 31x10s with 3.75" backspaced American Racing rims, absolutely no rubbing at all. I would just put some new stock Rubicon springs up front and Rancho 5000s all the way around, that should level out the front and lift it slightly all around.
20190512_223538.jpg

I run 31x10s with 3.75" backspaced American Racing rims, absolutely no rubbing at all. I would just put some new stock Rubicon springs up front and Rancho 5000s all the way around, that should level out the front and lift it slightly all around.
View attachment 137966
How much do the tires stick out beyond the fenders? 2”? Just curious

How much do the tires stick out beyond the fenders? 2”? Just curious

They only stick out about an inch maybe an inch and a half. A stock set of Rubicon flares would keep them from sticking out at all. I plan on adding some at some point. I can go outside and get you an exact measurement if you want.
20181028_073538.jpg

Rubicon shocks from a jk or tj?
TJ Rubicon springs should be a little stiffer and even if they are not just putting new stock springs on will bting the front up an inch or two especially with a new set of gas shocks.

The scrubbing is more of an annoying thing than a problem I would say. Just scrubs when full lock to the left or right. I would assume when I get different wheels this would be solved. The 1.25 inch savvy seems to be a good approach for me. Sorry if I already asked this but would this option "level" out the jeep or would additional mods need to be done?
A body lift would not level out the Jeep. Chrysler built them with 1” rake (tilt forward) and a body lift lifts evenly all around the tub. To fix the rake you can do one of several things.

1) a 1.25” body lift with a 3/4” spacer up front

2) a 2” spring up front and 1” rear.

3) a 2” spring front and rear with 3/4” spacer up front

It will look very good if you got some wheels with proper backspacing (4”) or a wheel spacer and would also solve any rubbing issues.

Last edited:
Pro comp fog lights? Those look nice, do you like them?
No they were generic 5" 16 emitter LED spotlights, definitely not cheap ones. They have two different covers clear and the diffusers that are on there. I wired them with a relay and they kept popping fuses until I got to 20amps, so they draw serious power and the heat sinks gets extremely hot. I knew something was up when I pulled them out of the box and felt the weight and saw the giant heat sink. I've actually completely submerged them a couple times crossing streams and they are still completely dry inside plus they melt snow and ice like a champ. Definitely worth the money, but only for offroad use seriously. Watch the first video by Blake.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y43LQC6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

TJ Rubicon springs should be a little stiffer and even if they are not just putting new stock springs on will bting the front up an inch or two especially with a new set of gas shocks.

There is no such thing as a factory Rubicon spring for a TJ.

Regardless a fresh set of stock springs and some new gas charged shocks should lift it an inch or so in front. I know just replacing my worn factory shocks with gas charged Rancho 5000s lifted it almost an inch all the way around.

I didn't mean to mislead anyone I wrongly assumed switching to the heavier dana 44 in the front of the Rubi would call for heavier springs

Last edited:
Regardless a fresh set of stock springs and some new gas charged shocks should lift it an inch or so in front. I know just replacing my worn factory shocks with gas charged Rancho 5000s lifted it almost an inch all the way around.
Shocks don't work that way. It wasn't almost an inch if they did manage to add some negligible amount of ride height.

I didn't mean to mislead anyone I wrongly assumed switching to the heavier dana 44 in the front of the Rubi would call for heavier springs
A heavier axle has no effect on the ride height. Springs don't work that way.

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
What in the world are you talking about? Not true. You're filling the thread up with misinformation.