Low COG overland-ish build

Found a good deal on the Vision X lights on eBay so ordered some new headlights (helped that I got some $ for a patent at work). Starting to have the quite complete Jeep setup once everything is installed and need to spend some time prioritizing and documenting as the spending becomes more deliberate and slower.

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Installed a bunch today. Did the MML and BL and then my BMB front rotors and brake pads.

Then got death wobble.

Installed from JKS track bar.

Still death wobble.

Also, TIL that I have a super plastic cracked fan out of a ford. Gotta figure out a replacement.

I was also missing a part of my Morryde tailgate reinforcement which was frustrating

B937EF49-C665-4A67-9D95-EF2ECED078A1.jpeg

E847073A-E88A-4126-BDCA-5077403448EA.jpeg

1D8A10F8-F1D1-47FC-823D-11A9493839E9.jpeg

F8C2602F-03E5-4606-8CF1-62319C293F91.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed a bunch today. Did the MML and BL and then my BMB front rotors and brake pads.

Then got death wobble.

Installed from JKS track bar.

Still death wobble.

Also, TIL that I have a super plastic cracked fan out of a ford. Gotta figure out a replacement.

I was also missing a part of my Morryde tailgate reinforcement which was frustrating
Hmm....DW huh? That’s not fun. At what speeds and do you have to come to a complete stop to get it to stop? DW is a violent event.

Edit: Wait, you have a Ford fan? That’s it. That’ll cause DW every time. ;)

Reactions: StG58
So from what I read the ford fan might be some mod to help with cooling. Not sure what issues the PO ran into but I decided not to return it to Mopar as I’m currently not having temperature issues to my knowledge. Decided to order a replacement ford fan.

Today was a busy day driving all over, picking up parts, getting tires mounted, etc. Decided to go white out which was a toss up for me, I think it’ll look good with the white Jeep, or I’ll live with regret/figure out a way to de-white it. (And Thetacorocker’s white out coppers look awesome!)

From 4 wheel parts I ordered the Currie Currectlync steering system they were able to price match and get it in stock next day at their Oakland store, it seemed like a common solution to DW was replacing the tie rod after MML and I didn’t want this problem lingering. A lot of the bushings on the old tie rod and drag link didn’t look great (also I know doesn’t cause DW but the steering stabilizer was comically done for, you could compress it with one finger)

So installed the currectlync, did an alignment toe in (did run into a little issue because the clasp for the tie rod was getting in the way with the drag link from perfect alignment, but was able to get it close where this wasn’t an issue, put on the new tires. Drove for about 20 minutes the same route as before where we had DW twice with the steering stabilizer out, no DW. So pretty happy fairly certain it’s fixed and with the new beefy OME HD steering stabilizer which takes 2 hands to compress I am hoping for smooth sailing.

Forgot to take any underpicks tonight but the front end is looking all shiny. Hopefully installing quick disconnects and headlights this weekend as well as cleaning her up before a work trip to Tahoe next week.

CA397B2F-820E-41CD-B047-4171E902D56C.jpeg

Good news @tomtaylz! DW can be a real pain to track down. I think you mounted the tires w the blue out, not white. :D

Reactions: tomtaylz
GraBars installed, visors flipped. Did it while street parked and got some weird looks but the view was pretty good! You can just about see the ocean.

3CA89CF2-BC43-4857-8936-8A471709FEF1.jpeg

Reactions: JMT
Finally got my missing part from MORryde(exogate) in the mail today. The current plan is to strip down all the visible black parts and rattle can body paint match them. We’ll see how it goes, hopefully I’m not missing any other parts that I didn’t notice. :D

F683D5F3-D9FD-4553-95E8-F9C7547E834C.jpeg

Last edited:
Slowly getting around to painting my flares on my balcony. I picked up a curt hitch off Craigslist today and got a hitch based bike rack with my 20% off REI coupon as an early birthday present. More stuff to install. Anyone know what hardware I’d want to install the hitch?

98B336C2-F561-4121-8889-3D8F5D1D3DAD.jpeg
38C1D9F9-FD81-4F92-914C-EDF6EE34C199.jpeg