California NorCal Jeep adventures!

Ok jeepers, crawl out of your rocks and don't let this late season rains get us down. Let's do a day run somewhere. June is just around the corner. I'm going stir crazy!
Anything particular in mind?

I'm not letting the weather slow me down. I just returned from four days in the Black Rock Desert and High Rock Canyon. We had sun, clouds, wind, rain, sleet and snow - perfect adventure weather.
I'll be camping in the Oroville area weekend of the 8th. High Lakes area is close by.

(y)

I have a Jeep trip planned for that same weekend at Crooked Meadows, up near Mono Lake. we are taking the TOJ (The Other Jeep) not the TJ though.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobthetj03
Wednesday Thursday Friday or Sat day drip near truckee Reno area this week maybe. Will be in Reno for 4 nights . Anyone interested hit me up. Maybe Downieville. Never experienced anything out there yet

there are several OHV trails in the Reno area, like Moon Rocks and Johnson lane, also you can drive from Reno to Bodie on dirt roads

Wednesday Thursday Friday or Sat day drip near truckee Reno area this week maybe. Will be in Reno for 4 nights . Anyone interested hit me up. Maybe Downieville. Never experienced anything out there yet

Check the Reno 4x4 group. We went on a run with them a few years ago. Good group.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I'm not letting the weather slow me down. I just returned from four days in the Black Rock Desert and High Rock Canyon. We had sun, clouds, wind, rain, sleet and snow - perfect adventure weather.
Went through the Black Rock Desert some years back, started out in Lovelock Nevada and came out in North Eastern California. Fun trip.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I'll be camping in the Oroville area weekend of the 8th. High Lakes area is close by.
You'll be right next to @Daryl. I'm sure he may have some suggestions.

If your into shooting I strongly suggest visiting the Oroville shooting range. It's free and you can shoot some extreme distances. I spent a good amount of time there when I attended Chico State.