School me on mid-arms

Now, if I could just get a mid arm kit in a 5" lift, I'd be set.
4.5" of lift, Savvy Mid arm, 37" tires. What more do you need?

I am considering the Savvy mid arm on my build and am going back and forth because of my front Dana 30. There is a trutrac in the front and an elocker in my rear Dana 44. Wondering if the geometry change will get me up and over the steeper tough rock climbs that much better and reduce the need for a Dana 44 w/ true definitive locker on a front? I’m sure the answer lies somewhere in between. Yes better performance but a front locker even better.

What front differentials do you guys have with your mid arm lifts?

Blaine often asks the interesting question of what if you had to choose between mid arms or a shock outboard. Can we reframe that? Mid arm or lockers? I have a feeling that lockers on both ends would take priority.

Last edited:
FWiW, I have never used Savvy springs. Though I suspect they would do a fine job of increasing the ride height.

I'm glad to see he got doors that work on there and got rid of the shade. I'll be quiet about the light bar.
Didn't you spend about a week in our backyard where we go wheeling? You wanna be stuck on the trail or even just running around away from the lake bed with just headlights of any iteration? Light bars out there are like tire plugging kits. Yeah, they kinda suck for all the reasons they suck but when you need one, it is nice to have.

We once left 5 rigs on the trail and took 7 folks back to camp in two rigs, one of which was mine because it got dark, no one had lights and the last tire pressure gauge got dropped into the rocks never to be seen again. Can't fix shit without lights.

Reactions: lindsey97
Didn't you spend about a week in our backyard where we go wheeling? You wanna be stuck on the trail or even just running around away from the lake bed with just headlights of any iteration? Light bars out there are like tire plugging kits. Yeah, they kinda suck for all the reasons they suck but when you need one, it is nice to have.

I'm just giving you a hard time. I ran big ugly Hellas on my bumper for the longest time before LED headlights became a thing. Some days I wish for a light bar but I haven't seen one that I love the design of the mounting of — they seem to leave too much of a gap where a tree branch can get in and act as a pry bar. (around here). Hows the mounting on that one? I think it was Ricky I was talking to who was complaining about the mounting of several he had tried too.

Last edited: