Urethane Flat Fender Flares

Bringing this one BTT...for those that ordered did they arrive in a timely manner?
Received my KBD flares about 4 days after ordering (the factory is about 30 miles from me). They are heavy and tuff feeling. Soft enough to flex some but I would recommend using larger washers under the screws. The fronts went on with zero drama using the factory hardware. The rears were a bit more work to get the old ones off. The rear also uses plastic panel clips to secure all but the lower few holes which have factory Riv-nuts. We'll see how they hold up.

KBD.jpeg

83C8589E-5E45-4BCB-9463-396CE520E04E.jpeg

91526C7B-2EB0-4E35-AC89-D9D83D977EF1.jpeg

E06EEB6B-E326-4602-8757-74333A838551.jpeg

D4C00507-C0F9-4043-928B-E60D18503C6C.jpeg

Received my KBD flares about 4 days after ordering (the factory is about 30 miles from me). They are heavy and tuff feeling. Soft enough to flex some but I would recommend using larger washers under the screws. The fronts went on with zero drama using the factory hardware. The rears were a bit more work to get the old ones off. The rear also uses plastic panel clips to secure all but the lower few holes which have factory Riv-nuts. We'll see how they hold up.

View attachment 327313
Looks good. Did you install the factory side markers or leave them off?

Looks good. Did you install the factory side markers or leave them off?
I left them out, the spot is in a weird place, like an after thought. It's all the way back under the flare on the same surface that mounts the metal jeep fender. I like the clean look it has now. I'm thinking if I decide I do want side marker lights (like if Johnny Law gets upset) I'll just go with some of those 3/4" round amber LEDs that are all over Amazon. Actually I probably have some in the garage already.

Reactions: MikekiM
I left them out, the spot is in a weird place, like an after thought. It's all the way back under the flare on the same surface that mounts the metal jeep fender. I like the clean look it has now. I'm thinking if I decide I do want side marker lights (like if Johnny Law gets upset) I'll just go with some of those 3/4" round amber LEDs that are all over Amazon. Actually I probably have some in the garage already.
Nice tj. Flares look great

Thanks. One more question, I noticed the plastic trim below the front of the doors were removed. Did you have to remove them for the front fenders to fit?

I'm curious because I have a Sahara and didn't know if the fenders will fit with the trim in place, especially since the trim on mine runs from the front fenders to the rears.

20210403_131541(0).jpg

@Bionic_Scorpion sorry, couldn’t tell you. I normally run Rubicon style rocker guards but had them off for paint when I snapped those pics. If I had to guess, I’d say the KBD flares would fit with maybe a bit of a gap between the flare extensions.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: Bionic_Scorpion
I just replaced my old pocket-style Bushwacker flares with the KBD flares on my 05 LJ and so far I like them. Install was straightforward I was able to use a combination of the old nutserts with the new bolts/washers and the plastic fasteners supplied with the flares. They seem sturdy and attached by bascially bolting right up to the jeep no brackets, etc. are necessary to about 30 minutes to install. Time will tell but IMO they are a big upgrade from the old Bushwacker plastic flares.
20220503_132541.jpg

I just replaced my old pocket-style Bushwacker flares with the KBD flares on my 05 LJ and so far I like them. Install was straightforward I was able to use a combination of the old nutserts with the new bolts/washers and the plastic fasteners supplied with the flares. They seem sturdy and attached by bascially bolting right up to the jeep no brackets, etc. are necessary to about 30 minutes to install. Time will tell but IMO they are a big upgrade from the old Bushwacker plastic flares.
View attachment 327700
Do you have more pics? Also how wide tires and rims? Thanks

I opted for the Bushwacker flares. They weren’t cheap, but they are exactly what I wanted. I have more money than sense I guess. I know some folks don’t like them but for my application they are perfect.

Installed them today. Well almost. I purchased from Morris 4x4. The first set they sent (after a month long wait) were for the JK. I returned them and in a week I got the TJ kit. I had sent the Jeep off to the body shop inthe interim to have the front passenger fender replaced. When I got to installing today I find they sent me two right rear flares. So I have three of the four installed.

Got my rears installed yesterday. Will work on the fronts tonight. It looks like most of you all are just installing and not painting? I painted mine with some rustoleum bedliner. Its a very durable finish that has a much finer texture than what you'll normally find with something like Upol Raptorliner.

1652711642606.png

I will say these were inexpensive and they serve a purpose to me. They needed a LOT of work to get them ready for paint though. The parting lines were really bad and required some grinding to get them smooth. They also have lots of pin holes near end of fill. Most of them were on the underside and I'm not looking for a show car finish here, so I left them...but If I were trying to body color match like a Sahara or something, I'd have been pretty ticked. Finally, it took a TON of effort to get the mold release off...Lots of scrubbing. But...for half the price of the Xenon flares that are the same style, they work. They do fit pretty well and they are very flexible, which will be nice for their inevitable encounters with rocks, roots and trees.

Reactions: TheBoogieman