Wizard Recovery Gear

uh oh, BUSTED

as soon as i saw Nashville's post i knew i'd left myself wide open..
1443894321859.gif

Moonchild!

Rare video of Blaine moving his expanding foam cannon into the packaging area, for you

View attachment 357722

View attachment 357723

thats exactly how my brakes were packaged. I was worried about this fairlead and soft shackles package. Figured I'd just leave em in the box until I really needed em. They were much more manageable to take out and fondle for a picture.

thats exactly how my brakes were packaged. I was worried about this fairlead and soft shackles package. Figured I'd just leave em in the box until I really needed em. They were much more manageable to take out and fondle for a picture.

Did any of the brake parts incur any shipping damage while in transit?

• Haha
Reactions: R3ID05TJ
Did any of the brake parts incur any shipping damage while in transit?

I'm pretty sure they don't install the black boxes in airplanes packaged that well. Whoever delivered that box could have driven off into the grand canyon with it and absolutely and completely decimated whatever vehicle they was driving and they still could have delivered my brakes without a scratch on them. I was laughing the whole time while trying to unpack the brakes. After the conversation we had when I ordered them I was a bit nervous as to what I got myself into. Hence the PTSD when getting this fairlead and soft shackles box.

I'm pretty sure they don't install the black boxes in airplanes packaged that well. Whoever delivered that box could have driven off into the grand canyon with it and absolutely and completely decimated whatever vehicle they was driving and they still could have delivered my brakes without a scratch on them. I was laughing the whole time while trying to unpack the brakes. After the conversation we had when I ordered them I was a bit nervous as to what I got myself into. Hence the PTSD when getting this fairlead and soft shackles box.

I do my very best to pack appropriately. Sometimes that doesn't mean just good enough.

hello,
what company is your front bumper made by? I am looking to replace my heavy body armor bumper with something more minimal and this one looks perfect. Thanks.

It’s made by LoD. No idea what that stands for though.

Pondering what I may be in for I'm looking for the silver lining and........... my order was confirmed received in under 30 minutes.

After test fitting yesterday, I realized the bottom of my winchplate is too high and its over the inside score marks. Any suggestions for a new winchplate? I gave it s few passes with the angle grinder but that didn’t seem to be the best choice.

B4386434-03B1-47AE-86F1-58F226FFC3C5.jpeg

After test fitting yesterday, I realized the bottom of my winchplate is too high and its over the inside score marks. Any suggestions for a new winchplate? I gave it s few passes with the angle grinder but that didn’t seem to be the best choice.

View attachment 357928

Do you have room to take more off? If you can, I would. I had to enlarge the entire opening on my smittybilt winch plate when I first put my regular TRE fairlead on a year of two ago and it worked well. Blaine's ST fairlead cleared everything also.

Do you have room to take more off? If you can, I would. I had to enlarge the entire opening on my smittybilt winch plate when I first put my regular TRE fairlead on a year of two ago and it worked well. Blaine's ST fairlead cleared everything also.

Looks like I need ~9mm of clearance and I’ve got 20mm more I can take off. My main concern was I don’t think my little Ryobi angle grinder is the right tool for the job. I’m gonna call the local Jeep shop and see if they can do it for me.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Looks like I need ~9mm of clearance and I’ve got 20mm more I can take off. My main concern was I don’t think my little Ryobi angle grinder is the right tool for the job. I’m gonna call the local Jeep shop and see if they can do it for me.

I used my Dewalt 20v grinder with a cutting disk to get the bulk of it, then used some flap disc's to smooth it all out. Mine was enclosed all around and was a little bit of a headache, especially the corners, but didn't cost me much more than time and some cutting disc/flap disc's.

IMG_2736.JPG

Reactions: PRNDL and red02tj