Everyone has there good and bad experiences. I would never, never recommend Wranglerfix. I would recommend SOS Diagnostics.
I totally recommemd a WranglerFix pcm if you have an automatic Tj thats shifting hard or throwing up generic transmission codes.. its a very specific and known flaw in the stock TCM(tranmission control module) which is part of the PCM..

Reactions: reddvltj
I totally recommemd a WranglerFix pcm if you have an automatic Tj thats shifting hard or throwing up generic transmission codes.. its a very specific and known flaw in the stock TCM(tranmission control module) which is part of the PCM..
Or a manual throwing codes constantly, and you’ve traced all your ground. Usually about all the O2s and sometimes more.

Reactions: L J and reddvltj
Well since I have a 97 TJ I was lucky in that sense as I never had any PCM issues with it. Now if you all want to talk about shooting dice on getting a working PCM try out the 2nd generation Dodge PCM world.
Since I have a Dodge magnum V-8 in my TJ this swap has some benefits in that the Dodge PCM can talk to the Jeep dash and no other mods are needed. Other than blending in the Dodge and Jeep wiring harnesses that is all that is needed. The Dodge PCM even looks just like the Jeep PCM and mounts in the same spot.

I went thru 3 PCM's when I first did my engine swap before I found a good working one. And then had issues with it and had to go thru 2 more before I got another working PCM. I tried sending the PCM out to some of the repair places that offered services for Dodge but again didn't have much luck.

I'm glad there is someone here that is working on fixing these late model PCM's after all the issues I'd read about them.
Of course there is always going to be those how aren't happy or had a poor experiance but that is to be expected from what I have seen of the business world and it's worse now with the interent.

Reactions: Farmergreg and 5632
It comes with stock programming. I don't

It looks like spellcheck got me. You can adjust tires, gears and speedometer with a tuner. Software cannot be updated and no turbos or chips.
Been a while, and I was wondering if any more thought had been given to turbos and superchargers?

Reactions: Wranglerfix
I purchased your unit and solved the hard shift problem but now my warning light for the key stays on. Any idea on how to solve this issue?
I have had this happen on a handful of Jeeps. Is yours throwing any codes or just flashing security?

I just received one back from a customer and plan on testing it in my Jeep tomorrow.

This issue is similar to the battery temp sensor code that happens totally at random.

I will let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Ordered from @Wranglerfix (Mark) on Tuesday and received on Thursday. Installed it today. I’ve only put 15 miles on it so far just running out to get some oil and filter for an oil change and got some lunch.

So far, so good. Smooth shifting. No codes. (y)

View attachment 108884

View attachment 108885

View attachment 108886

View attachment 108887

I just wanted to give a little update on my Wranglerfix PCM. Coming up on 2 years since replacing it on 9 Aug, 2019. I've got 9,967 miles on it so far. I've had no issues with my Jeep at all during this time. No hard 1-2 shift, no codes, no CEL's. (y)

Thanks again Mark at @Wranglerfix . Completely happy!

Hey guys,
I’ve got a new one for you. My 04 LJ will suddenly give me a CEL and go into limp mode ( 2nd gear only, no OD light, etc.) I stop and do the key routine and got the generic PO700. Start it up drive away normally (no limp) CEL still on, got to my Jeep mechanic to read any codes. Shut off engine to connect reader and the CEL is gone and no codes are stored. This is the second time its happened.
@Wranglerfix @thump365

Read all 24 pages.. thanks for everyone’s input and WranglerFix for a great solution.

Just want to make sure what’s going on with me is the same issue (I think so after reading all this).

I also have an 04 LJ, and twice now I have also gotten into a situation where it will not shift out of 1st gear. I just got this jeep (inherited it, hence the username) so I havent driven it much and don’t remember much “hard shifting”, but I also might have just been chalking that up to being a close to 20 year old Jeep and not thinking much of it. The “not shifting out of low gear” is obviously very noticeable though. CEL is on, but I don’t have a reader so don’t know the codes.

I saw the posts about unplugging the battery for 10 minutes, and if that solves the problem, it’s a 99% chance it’s the PCM. So I tired that, and there you have it… the CEL is gone and shifting fine now. That obviously leads me to believe the PCM is failing.

My question is this seems to be a problem with the 05-06 models, but I have an 04. I did see an early post on this tread from @Wranglerfix that this also affects some late model 04s. If I send you my VIN can you tell if it’s a late model 04 and likely has an issue with the PCM?

@thump365 - did you end up solving this problem? And if so, was the solution a PCM from @Wranglerfix ?