Blaine's an asshole (safe space)

Is Blaine an asshole

• Total voters
Unfortunately for me, I don't any good neighbor's. My townhome development is nothing but fucktards.
There are days when that really takes the fun out of things. I've tried to interact with most of the folk in a 3-4 block radius and then support any that are on FB offering various services that I can use. Across the board they have all been terrible.

Right off the bat they think I am filthy rich and that gives them the right to way overcharge. Then they don't show up when they are supposed to, don't do a good job, and then wonder why I'm pissy.

There have been several who I have saved metal for, collected cans and bottles for so they could recycle and get paid. All that has done is make them grumpy with me because I didn't do it right. They can all fuck off, now I just throw it all away.

We gave 6-10 large contractor size plastic trash bags full of aluminum cans to the gent up the road who was struggling some and had asked us to save them. Kat tossed some wadded up aluminum foil in the bags since we did not know any different. He made it a point to stop by on the way back from collecting his money to tell us we fucked up and to not do it again. Not a problem, sorry about that, we will never save another single aluminum can, there, all better now?

Neighbor up around the corner has stopped by to have me patch together various completely worn out cheap metal rocking chairs they use on the porch and the seat bases in the broken down 80's El Camino. I'd done it about 10 times or so. I finally promised myself I would not touch anything else he owns until he did something for me. Pull a weed, sweep the driveway, grab a few bags of stuff out of the haul off pile on his way to the dump, something, anything. Nope, not once ever.

Two things...Some of the most intelligent people I know have only a high school education (or less). You don't need advanced degrees to be "smart."

two...I learned to curse in grade school...I think 4th and 5th grade were really key to my development of being able to use the word "fuck" as all 8 word classes in the english language.

There are days when that really takes the fun out of things. I've tried to interact with most of the folk in a 3-4 block radius and then support any that are on FB offering various services that I can use. Across the board they have all been terrible.

Right off the bat they think I am filthy rich and that gives them the right to way overcharge. Then they don't show up when they are supposed to, don't do a good job, and then wonder why I'm pissy.

There have been several who I have saved metal for, collected cans and bottles for so they could recycle and get paid. All that has done is make them grumpy with me because I didn't do it right. They can all fuck off, now I just throw it all away.

We gave 6-10 large contractor size plastic trash bags full of aluminum cans to the gent up the road who was struggling some and had asked us to save them. Kat tossed some wadded up aluminum foil in the bags since we did not know any different. He made it a point to stop by on the way back from collecting his money to tell us we fucked up and to not do it again. Not a problem, sorry about that, we will never save another single aluminum can, there, all better now?

Neighbor up around the corner has stopped by to have me patch together various completely worn out cheap metal rocking chairs they use on the porch and the seat bases in the broken down 80's El Camino. I'd done it about 10 times or so. I finally promised myself I would not touch anything else he owns until he did something for me. Pull a weed, sweep the driveway, grab a few bags of stuff out of the haul off pile on his way to the dump, something, anything. Nope, not once ever.
That sucks. What is it about people that ask for help, then complain you didn't help them correctly?

That sucks. What is it about people that ask for help, then complain you didn't help them correctly?
It wasn't a "hey, can ya'll please not do that?" complaint, he was belligerent, upset, and getting on mine and Kat's ass in a very "ya'll fucked up my stuff" manner. Hey, not a problem, we got this.

Two things...Some of the most intelligent people I know have only a high school education (or less). You don't need advanced degrees to be "smart."

two...I learned to curse in grade school...I think 4th and 5th grade were really key to my development of being able to use the word "fuck" as all 8 word classes in the english language.
I did not finish high school but I did eventually get my GED. I like to think I am more edumacated than most. Especially when it comes to common sense, which seem to be lacking in todays society.

According to psychological studies, people that tend to curse a lot are more honest.

Reactions: Mike_H
It wasn't a "hey, can ya'll please not do that?" complaint, he was belligerent, upset, and getting on mine and Kat's ass in a very "ya'll fucked up my stuff" manner. Hey, not a problem, we got this.
So, you tried to help someone out and they gave you a hard time about it? That individual is now dead to me.

I did not finish high school but I did eventually get my GED. I like to think I am more edumacated than most. Especially when it comes to common sense, which seem to be lacking in todays society.

According to psychological studies, people that tend to curse a lot are more honest.
I have a masters...and went to school with some of the dumbest people you could ever imagine. There are some people who can't do anything but go to school. When I was an engineering manager, I was way more interested in hiring farmers from community college than people with an A average at a high end School. In manufacturing, when you need something to work, right now, the creativity of a farmer that knows how to make something work is way more beneficial than that of someone who can tell you the theory of why their idea was supposed to work.

Some of the most intelligent people I know have only a high school education (or less). You don't need advanced degrees to be "smart."
I worked for an outfit that employed a HUGE number of Ph.Ds. ENORMOUS brain power. Most of them were fantastic people. A few were "smart, but idiots" all the same.

The employer was fantastic, and treated us well. Not perfect (what is?), but better than you'd get much anywhere else. Their annual report always listed employees that had received awards, degrees, or what have you. One of the maintenance guys hadn't finished high school. They encouraged him to get his G.E.D. and when he did so they published the fact in the annual report alongside the Ph.D.s and other awards!

So, you tried to help someone out and they gave you a hard time about it? That individual is now dead to me.
Yep, the whole valley in my experiences is exactly like that. Oddly, it is not a low sample rate. I believe in community and helping out with anything I can do. It did not take long to discover that is a one way street here. We then made it a quest to see if there were any outliers that might be of a similar mindset to ours. Nope, they all appear to be that way.

I have a masters...and went to school with some of the dumbest people you could ever imagine. There are some people who can't do anything but go to school. When I was an engineering manager, I was way more interested in hiring farmers from community college than people with an A average at a high end School. In manufacturing, when you need something to work, right now, the creativity of a farmer that knows how to make something work is way more beneficial than that of someone who can tell you the theory of why their idea was supposed to work.
The old "Ask them what time it is, and they'll tell you how to build a watch" scenario!

...Some of the most intelligent people I know have only a high school education (or less). You don't need advanced degrees to be "smart" ...
There are very many people that think they know everything and stop learning or listening. The biggest lesson from any advanced degree is to be able to see how little one actually knows. If that lesson is not learned, what good is the education?

There are very many people that think they know everything and stop learning or listening. The biggest lesson from any advanced degree is to be able to see how little one actually knows. If that lesson is not learned, what good is the education?
LOL...It seems every day that passes, I realize I know less and less. Like, sometimes I feel like I'm getting dumber!

Reactions: PRNDL and Tob
I worked for an outfit that employed a HUGE number of Ph.Ds. ENORMOUS brain power. Most of them were fantastic people. A few were "smart, but idiots" all the same.

The employer was fantastic, and treated us well. Not perfect (what is?), but better than you'd get much anywhere else. Their annual report always listed employees that had received awards, degrees, or what have you. One of the maintenance guys hadn't finished high school. They encouraged him to get his G.E.D. and when he did so they published the fact in the annual report alongside the Ph.D.s and other awards!
Kat worked for Corning's Nichols Institute Diagnostics. She started working on the package line and worked her way up to be the manager of both the packaging department and the filling departments in less than 2 years. She won their (Corning's) highest award and they flew us to Florida for the presentation, nice vacation, very nice dinner, took us out collecting little red spiders, the whole nine yards.

They got a new CEO, he spent a lot of time getting her feedback on stuff, working with her to implement a lot of better things for the company. Then one day he asked where she went to school for her degree. Didn't, just a high school education. If he could have fired her on the spot, he would have and actually should have because from that day forward, she may as well have not existed. Mind you, she was the only APICS certified planner they had, had won their highest award for excellence, and worked circles around her degreed fellow employees. The only thing that mattered to him was a piece of paper.

LOL...It seems every day that passes, I realize I know less and less. Like, sometimes I feel like I'm getting dumber!
Yep. I don't even know what the questions are for the most part. Wasn't it Socrates who said, "The only thing that I know, is that I know nothing."? Or perhaps Plato. One of those ancient Greek dudes who was a hell of a lot smarter than I am!

Last edited:

One of my favorite pastimes post covid has been to revisit highschool and undergraduate physics in detail. It's scary how l much I seem to have taken for granted in every topic I've visited so far.

It's not that I'm getting dumber, I've always been dumb.