Blaine's an asshole (safe space)

Is Blaine an asshole

• Total voters
Four score and seven years ago.
It's a fanciful retelling of history and human nature meant to place the storyteller on a moral high ground.

We used to be enemies. Now we are best friends (but we ignore all the other people who think we are assholes and want nothing to do with us).

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
I think Blaine should run for Governor of California. Imagine the heyday the media would have with that 😆
i could see it now all them commies would be crying and butthurt after his first speach. 😭😭😭they're stupid and know there stupid but just cant accept someone telling them so ! 😭😭😭but hey maybe he would have them succeed and become part of Mexico, so it might work out for the best!

Ok now I don’t know which thread I am watching the cancel culture one or Blaines an asshole, I have to look at the top each time.
200.gif

Last edited:
When was this time?
At the bottom of most thread pages there is a "view ignored content" or something to that effect. It is missing on this one so that takes away at least one more opportunity to melt a snowflake. It also takes more than a single incident to make the list. As I have stated previous, I read posts without seeing who the poster is and respond to what it written, not who wrote it. That is until I notice a trend that makes me start paying attention to who is posting.

Yes. I get that this thread is in jest, or ironic, satire, whatever. However, there are people out there that really do think he is an asshole... And some of them have even posted in this thread. Since they are obviously idiots (cuz they think he is an asshole) I figured I'd spell it out for them.

I'm not sure yet which category you fall into...

There are lots of people that really think that, and it's sad.

It's easy to be a cheerleader or a critic. A cheerleader sees only the good (intentionally or otherwise) and cheers you. A critic tends sees the worst and attacks you. A coach sees the potential in you and tries to develop it. I see @mrblaine as a coach and a teacher more than anything. The method of education is unique, but very effective. But one has to learn to listen and understand.

People often say "great minds think alike". I've never understood that. Great minds challenge each other to think differently. The people that really teach you the most are the ones that share your principles but not necessarily your thought processes. The divergence in thinking will lead to new questions and answers and eventually to shared learning.

When I was a graduate student, teaching was part of my duties and I really enjoyed it. Teaching something often forces you to evaluate your own understanding and repeating that evaluation over and over is what really leads to expertise. This type of reflection, learning from past experiences good and bad, is what Blaine tries to impart.

There are lots of people that really think that, and it's sad.

It's easy to be a cheerleader or a critic. A cheerleader sees only the good (intentionally or otherwise) and cheers you. A critic tends sees the worst and attacks you. A coach sees the potential in you and tries to develop it. I see @mrblaine as a coach and a teacher more than anything. The method of education is unique, but very effective. But one has to learn to listen and understand.

People often say "great minds think alike". I've never understood that. Great minds challenge each other to think differently. The people that really teach you the most are the ones that share your principles but not necessarily your thought processes. The divergence in thinking will lead to new questions and answers and eventually to shared learning.

When I was a graduate student, teaching was part of my duties and I really enjoyed it. Teaching something often forces you to evaluate your own understanding and repeating that evaluation over and over is what really leads to expertise. This type of reflection, learning from past experiences good and bad, is what Blaine tries to impart.
Yesterday was a very bad day. Someone whose rig I installed some trans related parts on took his rig to a very well known shop to get suspension and steering done. After he got it back, it is beyond fucked up and they smoked the pump. I had already warned him that I would not fix his rig, I will evaluate it and try to find some answers and maybe someone who can do the work, but it will not be me. I lack the ability to keep my mouth shut about that crap so that won't be good for anyone.

I only offered to swap out the pump since PSC takes care of me and I don't need anyone running around with a deficient PSC part and not placing the blame where it goes on the installer and not PSC.

Turns out, I shot myself in the foot in a most heinous way. The install is horrid. -6 return with drilled fittings and the cooler mounted up against the top of the grill. The cooler is above the pump. After 5 hours and 4 different pumps, we finally got the one off of my personal rig which is slightly lower flow to work since it isn't as sensitive to air being moved through it. There is almost no way to bleed the system. We cycled, turned the pulley, and pulled a lot of vacuum and still, it has some air. The entire system needs to be reworked.

The steering is full shit. Horrible bumpsteer. The rear suspension can NOT cycle without running into bad trouble. The front is not much better. When he picked it up, the bill had doubled without approval.

He tossed me an extra 80 bucks for my efforts.

Yesterday was a very bad day. Someone whose rig I installed some trans related parts on took his rig to a very well known shop to get suspension and steering done. After he got it back, it is beyond fucked up and they smoked the pump. I had already warned him that I would not fix his rig, I will evaluate it and try to find some answers and maybe someone who can do the work, but it will not be me. I lack the ability to keep my mouth shut about that crap so that won't be good for anyone.

I only offered to swap out the pump since PSC takes care of me and I don't need anyone running around with a deficient PSC part and not placing the blame where it goes on the installer and not PSC.

Turns out, I shot myself in the foot in a most heinous way. The install is horrid. -6 return with drilled fittings and the cooler mounted up against the top of the grill. The cooler is above the pump. After 5 hours and 4 different pumps, we finally got the one off of my personal rig which is slightly lower flow to work since it isn't as sensitive to air being moved through it. There is almost no way to bleed the system. We cycled, turned the pulley, and pulled a lot of vacuum and still, it has some air. The entire system needs to be reworked.

The steering is full shit. Horrible bumpsteer. The rear suspension can NOT cycle without running into bad trouble. The front is not much better. When he picked it up, the bill had doubled without approval.

He tossed me an extra 80 bucks for my efforts.

That is crazy. The older I get, the more sense "no good deed goes unpunished" makes ..

It amazes me the number of 4x4 shops out there that don't care to understand how things work together.

That is crazy. The older I get, the more sense "no good deed goes unpunished" makes ..

It amazes me the number of 4x4 shops out there that don't care to understand how things work together.
Money to not be had if actually knowing what doing you are not! Says yoda!

well maybe i should have gone Dean Martin, my Jeff Ross imitation went over like a ton of bricks.
I have found that good humor often goes unnoticed here..im the funniest sob you have ever met and am usually greeted with crickets...keep your head up kid

Any member that openly tells another to "go fuck yourself" is definitley an asshole.
This was confirmed when he then tried to play the "collective you card' instead of the "singular you" and singular "yourself" and not "yourselves".

He can pack sand as far as I'm concerned, and that's why he is on "ignore".

why bother replying?

lmaoo this guy rolled in a few months ago like he owned the place and quickly promoted himself to the category in post #147.
I guess there's more than 1 asshole in the group... and I'm glad to have the ignore feature.