On-Board Air

JMT

Just another auto…
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
The Summit puts out over 3 times the air per minute as the Diablow as advertised.
Both are 50% duty cycle
one is 90 amps at no load the other is 45 amps no load
5500cu inches = 3.18 cu ft
300 L = 10.59 cu ft
on paper the Summit looks to be the better unit.

Reactions: JMT
A buddy just got this one and so far really likes it. However it's rather large.
Yeah, I was worried about the footprint. It’s 15x12x12. I may just go the CO2 route. I can get it all by February for about $225 (tanks in the $100 range are in back order. Also gives me time to find a used tank from a brewery).

Went wheeling with a buddy last Sunday that has a PowerTank, it takes up a lot of space too, he was able to air up his 37’s faster than I was with my 35’s but not by much and I had my hose stowed before he got his tank put away and secured. He uses it in his girlfriends JLU too so there is the portability thing there.

Reactions: rasband
There's no need to remove the CO2 tank from the Jeep to use it. Mine stays put.
Tank.jpg

Closest Matheson is 100 miles away for me. Guess it depends on where you live.

Yup this is the same reason I don't do CO2. My local shop will refill but you wait from 1 to 30 days and risk them losing/swapping your bottle. I have some tanks for making beer and it is a real pain dealing with the local refill shops. Plus I very often end up airing up other peoples tires at the end of the day with my onboard air.

I had a really nice stainless 5lb that I kept in my beer fridge which somehow turned into a black painted tank.. They swear it is my tank because it has the tag ziptied on it.. which someone clearly just cut off my old bottle and put on this bottle.

To get back on topic.
I run an ARB compressor. I know they are a bit pricey but I've had mine for 15 years now and it still runs great, is under the hood in all the elements.