Turbo 4 Liter

I picked up a set of Hutchinson Rock Monster wheels this weekend. A local guy had them on marketplace and they were priced very reasonably. I really wanted the 17s but the 15s have better backspacing imo and are lighter. They came with some half tread 35" KO2s that actually ride pretty nice. Much better than the load range E Radar road wobblers I had on there before. Now I just need to pick out some new rubber. I didn't really notice any loss of power or acceleration going from those 17" XDs with the 33" Radars to the 15" Rock Monsters with the 35" KO2s. Must be that 360ftlb of torque working.
20220117_160835.jpg

There is a market considering nobody is currently selling anythjng for TJ’s. Sign me up if you decide to build kits for 05 TJ

There is a market considering nobody is currently selling anythjng for TJ’s. Sign me up if you decide to build kits for 05 TJ
There are a few garbage kits on eBay and such. I have seen people ask about them. I don't think I have seen any that have been successfully completed. They all seem to use the same cheap Turbo, blue couplers and thin polished piping. I couldn't in good conscience sell a kit that was made with those parts.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
There are a few garbage kits on eBay and such. I have seen people ask about them. I don't think I have seen any that have been successfully completed. They all seem to use the same cheap Turbo, blue couplers and thin polished piping. I couldn't in good conscience sell a kit that was made with those parts.
Most important part is the tune. I really need to find someone local or travel to someone that can dial mine in. It runs fine, but I know there are gains to be had especially if I can ditch the split second box and 7th injector. Turning off the CEL would be nice too. I have no downstream O2 or cats. I get a MAP / TPS code occasionally asp that will shut the ignition down. Will probably delete the evap when I stretch so that need turned off as well.

Most important part is the tune. I really need to find someone local or travel to someone that can dial mine in. It runs fine, but I know there are gains to be had especially if I can ditch the split second box and 7th injector. Turning off the CEL would be nice too. I have no downstream O2 or cats. I get a MAP / TPS code occasionally asp that will shut the ignition down. Will probably delete the evap when I stretch so that need turned off as well.
I agree. Peak horsepower and torque numbers are nice and all, but some tuners forget that 99% of the time you are not running wide open. If a tune has poor driveability that is all the end user will remember. I have tried my hand at Split Second a time or two as well as a few add-on injector setups. I personally did not have great luck with either. The idea is sound, but there always seems to be some concessions.

I agree. Peak horsepower and torque numbers are nice and all, but some tuners forget that 99% of the time you are not running wide open. If a tune has poor driveability that is all the end user will remember. I have tried my hand at Split Second a time or two as well as a few add-on injector setups. I personally did not have great luck with either. The idea is sound, but there always seems to be some concessions.
I’d rather eliminate the split second system all together and just tune the ecu to compensate for boost. Believe the only reason split second was used was due to lack of support for the late TJ’s with tuning software. We have the support now I’m told.

Split Second is a crappy bandaid way of doing it IMHO. I had to use it on a different platform way back when. Unfortunately tunning the stock ECU is kinda limited (but much better then SS) because of the limited resolution, especially after rescaling for a 2 bar map sensor. Doable, but limited.

Reactions: Jezza and AMS417
I was working on the radio mount bar I made today and quickly realized that the stock hand screws that hold the door surrounds on weren't long enough to go through the radio mount and still grab threads. Also when I tried to tighten one of them the plastic head popped off. I decided to cut some new knobs out of aluminum and use some all-thread to make custom length screws. I think they turned out pretty good and they definitely hold a lot tighter than the plastic ones.

20220117_180734.jpg

20220220_111052.jpg

Which Radiodity did you get? I went through 2 DB25's until we (customer service and I) determined they both had bad firmware and swapped for a DB20. This was for my kid's treehouse so I just needed basic functionality.

Which Radiodity did you get? I went through 2 DB25's until we (customer service and I) determined they both had bad firmware and swapped for a DB20. This was for my kid's treehouse so I just needed basic functionality.
It's a DB25, but so far it has worked great. I'm not a serious user, I just needed basic functionality for trail rides and such.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck