Urethane Flat Fender Flares

Got my rears installed yesterday. Will work on the fronts tonight. It looks like most of you all are just installing and not painting? I painted mine with some rustoleum bedliner. Its a very durable finish that has a much finer texture than what you'll normally find with something like Upol Raptorliner.

View attachment 330872

I will say these were inexpensive and they serve a purpose to me. They needed a LOT of work to get them ready for paint though. The parting lines were really bad and required some grinding to get them smooth. They also have lots of pin holes near end of fill. Most of them were on the underside and I'm not looking for a show car finish here, so I left them...but If I were trying to body color match like a Sahara or something, I'd have been pretty ticked. Finally, it took a TON of effort to get the mold release off...Lots of scrubbing. But...for half the price of the Xenon flares that are the same style, they work. They do fit pretty well and they are very flexible, which will be nice for their inevitable encounters with rocks, roots and trees.
How wide are the rear and front? Thanks

These tires are 35x12.5x15 on 15x10 wheels the flares are roughly 5 inches at the widest part. Coverage of the tires is similar to rubicon flares, these are little more narrow than the bushwhacker pocket flares I replaced.
Jeep new kdb flares.jpg

I went from pocket style to these as well recently, and like them much, much better. I purchased them on here, used a few months ago. I'll try to get some photos when the weather clears.

Finished up my fronts tonight...They did not fit nearly as well as the rears. I don't know if its because I have replacement fenders or what...but my factory flares fit fine. Also, the side markers don't really fit where they molded the cutout for them. I had to remove some steel on the fenders to get them to work properly...

1652926260296.png

1652926308209.png

For those who have installed flatties, what did you do with the horizontal rocker trim that trails the front flares? How did you finish things off? I just ordered Bushwacker flares and need a clean solution. No diamond plate or armor in my future.

Have you done anything to replace the horizontal flares yet ? I`m thinking of a 3/16" flat aluminum to match the OEM shape and painted textured black. 3/16" to get a little depth.

So I’m very interested in these… and getting rid of these dumb pocket flares. I noticed that that under the additional information it says they have a lifetime warranty. Anyone know exactly what the warranty against? I’m thinking just fading, not what Jerry did to his of course lol.

Why do those flares look less tapered towards the bottom than the flares everyone else has put on? Did they change the design recently?

good eye, didn’t notice this until i saw your comment. wonder if they’re a different brand? they look better to me than the others.

Reactions: Ron505
Have you done anything to replace the horizontal flares yet ? I`m thinking of a 3/16" flat aluminum to match the OEM shape and painted textured black. 3/16" to get a little depth.

I learned these are called flare extensions. I decided to use the Bushwacker flat flares. Extremely happy with them though I did have some issues with the order. Between Morris4x4 and Bushwacker it was ultimately resolved. The Bushwacker kit includes a replacement flare extension. Looks awesome IMHO.

Last edited:
Received my KBD flares about 4 days after ordering (the factory is about 30 miles from me). They are heavy and tuff feeling. Soft enough to flex some but I would recommend using larger washers under the screws. The fronts went on with zero drama using the factory hardware. The rears were a bit more work to get the old ones off. The rear also uses plastic panel clips to secure all but the lower few holes which have factory Riv-nuts. We'll see how they hold up.

View attachment 327313

View attachment 327339

View attachment 327340

View attachment 327341

View attachment 327342

Really like the look of these on your jeep, just ordered a set. Hopefully they get here soon! I kept going back and forth on whether to keep my Rubicon flares or these KBDs’.