Work from home LJ

I am working with a tiny one car garage so this axle will get fully built, and jeep will pull into garage and get swapped into place.

Ideally the jeep and workspace could be in same shop but we’re not there yet.

Just need my web 3 shitcoin NFTs to sell and then we can upgrade

^ this is a joke if anyone is in tech :)

• Haha
Reactions: rasband
AA461EEB-1D1D-4A5B-A6B6-0074E1D509DB.jpeg

Todays project was a quick and easy one. Built a mount for my half doors to get them off the floor. Took about 5 minutes with spare wood / hardware laying around the garage. Ordered the door hinges for $40 on Amazon.

This mornings project was switching insurance carriers. Progressive had been aggressively raising our rates and wouldnt cover the Jeep for anything close to fair value. Throw lockers, savvy/currie parts galore and you're way off on value.

I know mods dont increase in value, but building a replacement LJ like mine costs way more than 12k value they assigned. And thats with me doing all the work. You cant even buy an LJ in as good of shape as mine for that.

So, now the Jeep is insured (as of June 4th) with Hagerty with a very generous fair value + cherished salvage policy and our Pilot/Truck insured with Geico. Better coverage for less total $$$.

I previously took risk on difference between value of jeep and "value" Progressive assigned. Dont have to do that anymore.

This mornings project was switching insurance carriers. Progressive had been aggressively raising our rates and wouldnt cover the Jeep for anything close to fair value. Throw lockers, savvy/currie parts galore and you're way off on value.

I know mods dont increase in value, but building a replacement LJ like mine costs way more than 12k value they assigned. And thats with me doing all the work. You cant even buy an LJ in as good of shape as mine for that.

So, now the Jeep is insured (as of June 4th) with Hagerty with a very generous fair value + cherished salvage policy and our Pilot/Truck insured with Geico. Better coverage for less total $$$.

I previously took risk on difference between value of jeep and "value" Progressive assigned. Dont have to do that anymore.

Covered off road?

Covered off road?

Believe so, but should confirm that

I talked with Haggerty specifically about coverage off road and its was a no go. They will not cover it. However, in the case of a low speed flop, I think if you got it to the side of the road and tipped it over in a ditch, you'd be golden.

I talked with Haggerty specifically about coverage off road and its was a no go. They will not cover it. However, in the case of a low speed flop, I think if you got it to the side of the road and tipped it over in a ditch, you'd be golden.

Yep. To be fair, I’m not expecting a carrier to pay out if I totaled on my own offroad. That’s a bonus.

More concerned with accident on road / hit and run / stolen / etc.

12k value from progressive + not keeping Jeep for same price as Hagerty seems like a bad deal. No way Progressive would pay a claim offroad either.

Covered low-speed flop?

Did they not fit in the LJ?

They might have. The series of events made it hard to do that though.

I was in middle of installing 4" lift when I tore ACL/Meniscus. During these pictures there was 0% chance I could finish the lift, so LJ sat for about 3 months without me touching it.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
They might have. The series of events made it hard to do that though.

I was in middle of installing 4" lift when I tore ACL/Meniscus. During these pictures there was 0% chance I could finish the lift, so LJ sat for about 3 months without me touching it.

Ohh ok gotcha. I just transported 5 x 33s yesterday in my LJ with no problem, not sure that 5 x 35s would’ve fit, maybe 4.

Reactions: kameronkales
Believe so, but should confirm that

Check in with them and report back please. I asked about off-road coverage a few years ago, and my agent told me I'd be covered as long as I wasn't doing anything like rock crawling. I specifically asked about beach driving, driving on private land and on public trails. He told me then that I should be covered in those situations.

Check in with them and report back please. I asked about off-road coverage a few years ago, and my agent told me I'd be covered as long as I wasn't doing anything like rock crawling. I specifically asked about beach driving, driving on private land and on public trails. He told me then that I should be covered in those situations.

FastRevolvingKatydid-size_restricted.gif