I’ve been leaning towards Flagship One, but I’ve been seeing some posts where people were having problems as soon as it’s installed. Some were the exact same problems. I also seen flagships lifetime warranty says that after a claim is initiated, the warranty is expired (or something to that affect). Basically food for one replacement in the original units lifetime.

Still undecided. : |

Understood. There’s just something about the video that feels like “snake oil” to me. For example, when he gets in to drive he claims everything is good because there is no CEL. Well, the hard shift codes don’t produce a CEL. He also says “look, no hard shift”. That’s because it was just installed and the PCM hasn’t learned yet. And the scene in the shop where he has piles of used PCM’s in the background.....how does that jive with the claim that they have built a “new” PCM. They are doing something to used PCM’s.....I just don’t know what it is.

We all have to make our own choice and it sucks that we are in this situation. Good luck to all.

Understood. There’s just something about the video that feels like “snake oil” to me. For example, when he gets in to drive he claims everything is good because there is no CEL. Well, the hard shift codes don’t produce a CEL. He also says “look, no hard shift”. That’s because it was just installed and the PCM hasn’t learned yet. And the scene in the shop where he has piles of used PCM’s in the background.....how does that jive with the claim that they have built a “new” PCM. They are doing something to used PCM’s.....I just don’t know what it is.

We all have to make our own choice and it sucks that we are in this situation. Good luck to all.

Good points. I didn’t notice that about the no CEL

But, what is the new solution?
Using a different PCM than the original OEM? I mean, it may end up being a scam, we'll see and if so I'll be paying for it later. If not I might have a long-term solution that holds up better than the other remans. /shrug

Excuse my rambling but I am at wits end. I have an 05LJR with manual transmission that my wife bought new it started throwing random codes in June. I replaced a few sensors (O2, cam, crank) and also checked every wire and ground I could find. The Jeep would not run for more than 5 miles without stalling, gauges quit working, the hotter the engine the worse the problem. Sometimes the engine would restart and sometimes it would not. I took it to a mechanic who said it was the pcm, we got the pcm rebuilt through NAPA. The PCM comes back and all is good for one day and then the exact same problems returned. We sent the PCM back for another rebuild, the Jeep now runs fine (does not die once warm) but continues to throw random codes. This is not acceptable since I am required to pass an emissions test. The mechanic has checked behind the gauges, checked coil rail, injectors, ran a schematic on his diagnostic machine, hand checked all wiring....the conclusion is still a bad PCM.
He and the NAPA owner contacted the company who rebuilt the PCM and were told by the head of engineering that it could not be fixed. I am now fighting to get a refund since the problem was not solved. Do any of you guys feel this Wrangler fix PCM would solve my issues? I just sunk a shit ton of money into a lift, tires, wheels, gears, brakes , clutch, bumpers, winch, and would like to at least enjoy the Jeep.

The jeep is currently at the mechanics, I plan to bring it home Saturday. If I remember correctly the codes that I got before taking it to the mechanic were as follows: P0300, P0335,U0155, P0315 the codes were random, never the same code or combination of codes. I got BUS 60 when I performed the cluster test. Mechanic has got all the codes mentioned since the PCM was repaired as well as codes for O2 sensors. The Jeep does not have Skim

Here is the problem with all of the bullshit regarding 05-06 PCM's. There are not any new ones in the general supply lines. They are not being made and outside of some limited NOS, they don't really exist. Those who have considered starting up and making them have run the numbers and with the steady supply of remans out there, new ones are too expensive comparatively for the small numbers that can be predicted to sell.

So, we can take our chances with a continually failing product tossed into the core and reman pipeline and hope that the company doing the reman work can get it right (I've seen too many complaints to believe that to be true) or seek an alternate solution in the form of repurposing a PCM from something else with much higher build numbers.

I know what I would do and given the crap supply of rebuildable cores, that isn't the route I would choose.

I have read most every forum/post and investigated all of the so called options/fly by night companies out there with this pcm issue because my 05 lj rubicon has been down this dead end road. I got real tired of the uncertainty of what rabbit hole this was going to lead me down. Since I plan on keeping this jeep and always wanted a V-8, I decided to just sell off/save and am now swapping in an LS motor and am not looking back.
I realize this may not be a viable option for every one, but it was the excuse I needed to move forward.

So, we can take our chances with a continually failing product tossed into the core and reman pipeline and hope that the company doing the reman work can get it right (I've seen too many complaints to believe that to be true) or seek an alternate solution in the form of repurposing a PCM from something else with much higher build numbers.

More thoughts on this?
Do you already some ideas on this (I realize that you may not want to totally show your hand at this time though)?

It has been long enough for me to consider the shift issue solved. The Wrangler Fix PCM is working great and I recommend this to anyone with the 05-06 shift problems. In addition I have taken to turning the overdrive off as soon as I start the engine. I really don't like the 42rle trans much. Ended up with it because the Jeep was in such good condition when I bought it, I accepted the auto trans. The OD is just too weird. As soon as I get to 45mph the RPM drops too low, like 1100 or 1200 rpm. Now if I just had Dana 44 axles.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
The jeep is currently at the mechanics, I plan to bring it home Saturday. If I remember correctly the codes that I got before taking it to the mechanic were as follows: P0300, P0335,U0155, P0315 the codes were random, never the same code or combination of codes. I got BUS 60 when I performed the cluster test. Mechanic has got all the codes mentioned since the PCM was repaired as well as codes for O2 sensors. The Jeep does not have Skim
Does anyone have any advice whatsoever to my post above? Am I just screwed? It is hard for me to believe that there is not one thing that can be done given all of the technology we have these days. I can use a Power Vision to tune/correct issues with my Harley. Is there nothing available for these hateful PCMs we are stuck with?

Hi there,

Because I won’t tell you exactly how we solved the problem our product is snake oil? Truthfully, it’s none of your business how our guys solved an issue that Jeep couldn’t solve...Be thankful there is a solution instead of accusing me of being a snake oil salesman.

Our pcms solve the issue, we stand behind our products and I have plenty of references for you to call. My number is 866-888-7710. The oem pcms are junk and are not rebuildable. FS1 wants 787 for a pcm. I sell them for 573 with expedited shippping, plug and play.

Best regards,

Snake oil Mark 🤪✅

It has been long enough for me to consider the shift issue solved. The Wrangler Fix PCM is working great and I recommend this to anyone with the 05-06 shift problems. In addition I have taken to turning the overdrive off as soon as I start the engine. I really don't like the 42rle trans much. Ended up with it because the Jeep was in such good condition when I bought it, I accepted the auto trans. The OD is just too weird. As soon as I get to 45mph the RPM drops too low, like 1100 or 1200 rpm. Now if I just had Dana 44 axles.
Thank you very much! I appreciate you taking the time to post on your success!

Best regards,

Mark Cantrell

Hi there,

Because I won’t tell you exactly how we solved the problem our product is snake oil? Truthfully, it’s none of your business how our guys solved an issue that Jeep couldn’t solve...Be thankful there is a solution instead of accusing me of being a snake oil salesman.

Our pcms solve the issue, we stand behind our products and I have plenty of references for you to call. My number is 866-888-7710. The oem pcms are junk and are not rebuildable. FS1 wants 787 for a pcm. I sell them for 573 with expedited shippping, plug and play.

Best regards,

Snake oil Mark 🤪✅
Careful with that expedited shipping claim. It is imperative that one only makes claims that have no exceptions and so far, 7-10 days from order to delivery isn't what most consider to be expedited. Let folks know what to expect and deliver it.

Hi there,

Best regards,

Snake oil Mark 🤪✅

FS1 is currently quoting $562 for my PCM application.

Does anyone have any advice whatsoever to my post above? Am I just screwed? It is hard for me to believe that there is not one thing that can be done given all of the technology we have these days. I can use a Power Vision to tune/correct issues with my Harley. Is there nothing available for these hateful PCMs we are stuck with?
I will gladly help you with your pcm issue. Please private message me or call me at 866-888-7710

Thanks

Mark