Basket's Build

Anyways thanks to @thekidwithquestions help on collab it seems like I'm bumping into the curse of the 97 YTJ - I think I have a YJ pigtail on my tcase and not TJ, since mine doesn't match the one on the new speedo sensor. JB Conversions shows a wiring harness kit for it on the bottom of the install sheet but I can't find it on site, guess I'll have to wait til tomorrow to call them and see if they still sell it

Post up a picture of the plug and the wire colors. I had to change my plug when I installed the AiRock and STaK's t-case so I might be able to help. And I might have the plug you need.

• Love
Reactions: lBasket and rasband
I know the rear axle was rebuild at once point by someone, supplied by Jasper, so they probably fucked it up... No idea what idiot would run line like that it's gotta be harder to make a loop in it than making it straight??
That was done by someone who did not have a flare tool. Bought a stock length of pre-flared tubing and made it fit.

My educated guess is that this was a person who should not be working on brakes…

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman and lBasket
Post up a picture of the plug and the wire colors. I had to change my plug when I installed the AiRock and STaK's t-case so I might be able to help. And I might have the plug you need.
Okay this is it... Flats on the new, rounds on the old

PXL_20220124_012307457.jpg

PXL_20220124_012258547.jpg

Last edited:
Yours is a 97 too right? Maybe it was manufactured late enough to get the new one?

View attachment 304559
From the JB Conversions kit. My wire colors seem a bit off too but probably not a huge deal

Sorry I went and reread what you wrote. I'll have to go look at the plug I cut off. I have the flat connectors now but I did change mine.

Mine is a 01/96 build 97 Model. I had to change the plug due to the STaK's and AiRock. The plug with the round connections isn't a Jeep part. If you look at the plug I linked on Amazon and then the speed sensor they are all flat connectoors.
Right yeah you guys both posted what looks like the one I need...

Here's my old speedo sensor, you're right I can't really find the Chrysler star on it anywhere

PXL_20220124_042009968.jpg

Right yeah you guys both posted what looks like the one I need...

Here's my old speedo sensor, you're right I can't really find the Chrysler star on it anywhere

View attachment 304565

I still have the plug I cut off so I'll look at it tomorrow. But the correct plug isn't that expensive so it's a easy fix.

Reactions: lBasket
I still have the plug I cut off so I'll look at it tomorrow. But the correct plug isn't that expensive so it's a easy fix.
Yeah, a little strange but 10$ and only 3 wires to get right so not too bad. I'll probably order the one you linked tonight so I can get moving again

Reactions: Wildman
Yeah, a little strange but 10$ and only 3 wires to get right so not too bad. I'll probably order the one you linked tonight so I can get moving again

No worries about the wiring. I've got that covered. Let me know when you get the new plug.

• Love
No worries about the wiring. I've got that covered. Let me know when you get the new plug.
Perfect thanks! Will do! My TJ was I believe a June build. So someone must've been in there screwing with things... probably the same person laying those brake lines 😬

Perfect thanks! Will do! My TJ was I believe a June build. So someone must've been in there screwing with things... probably the same person laying those brake lines 😬

My book with all that stuff written down is out in the garage so I'll look tomorrow. Yes yours is a late build compared to mine. That brake line is a little scary.

• Wow