Blaine's an asshole (safe space)

Is Blaine an asshole

• Total voters
The new Patent pending Mr. Blaine Give A Fuck o Meter
Blaine.JPG

I was in the process of Patenting this for my self but guess who beat me too it.

He is an asshole.. I’ve figured out it’s the stupid or redundant questions that’s he’s blunt about.. imagine he’s gotten close to the bottom of a drink when he starts.. but I do learn stuff from him so I don’t mind👍🏻

Reactions: harbiison
He is an asshole.. I’ve figured out it’s the stupid or redundant questions that’s he’s blunt about.. imagine he’s gotten close to the bottom of a drink when he starts.. but I do learn stuff from him so I don’t mind👍🏻
Except, I don't consume alcohol, or any other mind altering substances.

in my stint on this thread just over a year now i’ve learned a few things. many of you guys are cool. Blaine is a hilarious man who if you never ask a stupid question or get lucky enough for him to not see it. you’ll enjoy his asshole comments. luckily i’ve never had to encounter Blaine in the question setting because i just don’t ask questions. Blaine is also a cool dude who knows his shit. just like Jerry when it comes to transmissions.

• Love
Reactions: Matt888
When you are looking for answers...

IMG_5200-X3.jpg

you tend not to be to particular abour which ...

IMG_5230-X3.jpg

provides the answer. Lucky for us, our resident asshole is smart and clever.

Or a skirt? The mind boggles!

Words have interesting connotations.

I have a buddy that's really into long distance hikes. Think PCT section hikes and such. This person is the type that actually tries everything to form his own opinions and doesn't fall for marketing bs or fads. Usually he's bang on the money when it comes to outdoor stuff and he's given me really great input for my gear.

He swears that kilts are the best thing ever for hiking long distances in the summer time. He's serious and I see the point. Note that I grew up in South India where it is common for men to wear dhotis both socially and at home. I have worn them when I lived there, but I don't in the US. Not because I feel I would stand out or anything, but because I find that shorts are way more practical in the summer time.

Sorry for the hijack, but when I saw "skirt", I immediately thought about my friend's comment.

Words have interesting connotations.

I have a buddy that's really into long distance hikes. Think PCT section hikes and such. This person is the type that actually tries everything to form his own opinions and doesn't fall for marketing bs or fads. Usually he's bang on the money when it comes to outdoor stuff and he's given me really great input for my gear.

He swears that kilts are the best thing ever for hiking long distances in the summer time. He's serious and I see the point. Note that I grew up in South India where it is common for men to wear dhotis both socially and at home. I have worn them when I lived there, but I don't in the US. Not because I feel I would stand out or anything, but because I find that shorts are way more practical in the summer time.

Sorry for the hijack, but when I saw "skirt", I immediately thought about my friend's comment.
Skirts (of most types) are fantastic for hiking and many outdoor activities. They're also cooler than shorts, and fuller ones act as an air pump. There's even one marketed to men called the "Macabi skirt" made of very tough material with HUGE pockets. Its very versatile, although it isn't much to look at but can "keep up" with many activities including fly fishing!. The Scottish kilt is right about the right length for most activities, although I prefer something slightly fuller and somewhat longer - try various styles/lengths until you find what works for you. I generally just buy generic A-line skirts from Ross, Roaman's, or Beall's for everyday wear. Denim works well for "around the house" although some of the softer ones can be fun and are more comfortable (but delicate). "Hobble skirts" and other stride-limiting varieties aren't recommended unless you're going for that look.

Dance skirts are, of course, a different animal. Most of mine are floor length and VERY full (10 to 25 yards of fabric). A lot of male contra dancers wear skirts because they saw how much fun the women were having and wanted to join in!

There's a discussion forum for men who wear skirts - I encourage the interested to look it up. Style preferences vary from "Bravehearts" (Scottish kilt or very close clone like Utilitkilts ONLY) all the way to "Freestyle" (if it fits, wear it!). Its completely silly that more men won't wear skirts of one sort or another - its just a piece of fabric that has no gender and has much precedent worldwide, even in modern times! Completely a unisex garment.

And before somebody asks: Yes, dresses are possible, but problematic for men. A skirt hangs from the hips or waist, you can buy one off the rack just about anywhere. A dress hangs from the shoulders, and has to be made for the male physique. In the classic measurement system, I would be 44/39/45. Dresses aren't normally cut that way! As a result, I only wear dresses in a dance context and they were made for my measurements, and look fantastic. Off the rack dresses look stupid on 95% of males for obvious reasons. Dresses are generally hard to get in and out of as well, a skirt with shirt of your choice is far easier to deal with, far easier to procure, and more versatile as you can change shirts as desired and mix up the look - it can look pretty close to a dress in appearance, or wildly different!

Aren't you sorry you asked? :D ;) :ROFLMAO:

SkirtAd.jpg

The obligatory "Men's lib" picture, although I like mine to be a bit longer!

Last edited:
Blaine got me straightened out with his big brake kit for nicks doppelgänger Jeep. Aka the gay bros I think it was? Lmao

Also. These brakes are amazing. I used my hand throttle to reverse up a steep decline while modulating my speed with the brake pedal. 🙌🏽

Reactions: harbiison