Gladiator wheels on TJ

TCBrown

Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

1029DF19-8696-4A72-9459-EA4D524EBF5F.jpeg

90DBCD89-E690-4972-88B6-3E2ACCE7874D.jpeg

They look real good.. I’ve kinda liked the newer wheels from the JL and Glaiators and they are everywhere online for sale since people are immediately taking them off and putting 20’s on...

Personally, I like a 1999 TJ to look like a 1999 TJ not 2019 but it seems like there are A LOT of people putting new style Jeep wheels on old TJs these days.

Are they the Gladiator stock tires too? Price?
They are gladiator rubicon* stock rims/tires. I really wanted some when gladiator was released. Found a set in lower Alabama on Facebook marketplace for $800 for all 5 and couldn’t pass it up.

What are you going to do about the spare? Do gladiators have a steel rim spare under the bed like most pickups?
I have a Motobilt license plate bracket on the rear. It’s a great option for a spare delete.
To answer your question, the 5th wheel IS a steel “donut” type rim. So if I ever wanted to run the 5th I would have to buy another rim. I ride with 4 though, so I’m good 😎

Reactions: Vtx531
These were my previous, non center cap, rattle can, dry rotted wheels 😂

Also, this is the only picture I have of the rear of my Jeep. I know not many are a fan of a spare delete but I sure am!

AD15B324-DD2C-4C35-8823-4DB87AA17157.jpeg

Reactions: StoneCold and pc1p
Just wanted to share for anyone considering this. I’ve been eye-ing these wheels ever since the gladiator was released (funny enough, I’m not a huge fan of the gladiator, though).

The swap was pretty straight forward. I will say gladiator/JT lug nuts are NOT the same thread pitch. The look is definitely an upgrade, IMO. The 17” rims seem to add more stability. Feels like, at least. Grateful for the endless resource this forum is. Cheers!

i dig it. Looks awesome. What adpaters did you use?

of all the wheels offered on a JK or a JL applied to a TJ, those probably look the best to my eyes. I would definitely consider them if I wasn't so opposed to adapters.

My LJ came with these 18" JK wheels, plastidipped black.

1610387548010.png

00g0g_c047TYF1esM_0CI0iP_600x450.jpg

They couldn't come off fast enough. They're currently stacked up in my garage waiting to be stripped of the last few bits of plastidip before going on craigslist. The bright side is the metric 33" Firestone's are pretty new so they ought to bring enough money to offset the 31" tires and Canyons I bought for the TJ.

Big improvement over those rattle can wheels for sure! I ran with the spare deleted for a while when I had 33’s. Seems like a good option instead of having a “giant” spare tire sitting on the back. I remember how light and easy the tailgate opened with no spare tire on it too.

Reactions: JMT