Milestar Patagonia 15k Mile Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omission is a lie. Since I had to mention it, I'd consider all comments after the fact pretty much bullshit.
Omission is a lie. Since I had to mention it, I'd consider all comments after the fact pretty much bullshit.

Calling a lie is a pretty far stretch. I don't give a shit one way or another what anyone wants to run for tires. If people are looking for recommendations they should gather as much info as possible... Kind of the point of this forum isn't it. I don't believe it was his intention to deceive because it doesn't matter in the end to him. I've seen them first hand when he first got them, on the trail, and after his 5000 miles of use. Those tires suck. In my opinion of course, buy them if you want 😂

None of the last 30+ posts surprise me. This is a budget, mass produced, Indonesian made tire from a manufacturer who was essentially non-existent in the off-road community until approx. a year ago. The writing was on the wall before the first test of these tires. Not to mention (and it’s purely subjective) their hideous tread pattern.

None of the last 30+ posts surprise me. This is a budget, mass produced, Indonesian made tire from a manufacturer who was essentially non-existent in the off-road community until approx. a year ago. The writing was on the wall before the first test of these tires. Not to mention (and it’s purely subjective) their hideous tread pattern.

This was my thought as well, I just wanted people to read between the lines.

That’s not to say that they can’t work for some people, but perhaps when you put them to the real test, they aren’t as good as a higher end tire.

It could also be that there are inconsistencies in the production runs.

Reactions: TWiG01
There is a mixed bag of reviews/opinions of these on the Gladiator forum as well. Biggest complaints involve the tires coming apart in chunks.

Reactions: jjvw
This was my thought as well, I just wanted people to read between the lines.

That’s not to say that they can’t work for some people, but perhaps when you put them to the real test, they aren’t as good as a higher end tire.

It could also be that there are inconsistencies in the production runs.
For sure, manufacturing consistency is probably less than ideal.

Reactions: reddvltj and Chris
Well, I guess that’s still cheap compared to an MTR. Last I looked a 35” MTR was like $333 or something crazy!

Makes me happy I don’t have 37s 🤣

For me the MTR 35's are only $263 because I'm on 15" wheels... but I already tried the MTRs and couldn't stand the howling on the highway after 3-4K miles, so I'll never buy those again. See, that's a perfect example of yet another tire that so many other people love, but I definitely did not! Maybe I should start a MTR Haters Club... lol

For me the MTR 35's are only $263 because I'm on 15" wheels... but I already tried the MTRs and couldn't stand the howling on the highway after 3-4K miles, so I'll never buy those again. See, that's a perfect example of yet another tire that so many other people love, but I definitely did not! Maybe I should start a MTR Haters Club... lol

Haha! Yeah in the 17” size those MTRs cost a lot more.

I hear you though, just keep running them if they work for you.

You can and you should. If the Patagonias did any one thing well, I would feel very differently about them.

I can agree with you there. I love the MT/R's off road.... Incredible tire. On the road, I don't like them so much. They are tough to balance too.

Reactions: afmoto and jjvw
You can and you should. If the Patagonias did any one thing well, I would feel very differently about them.

I give you credit for at least trying them and having an opinion based on your experience, which is totally fair. For me, Michelin/BFG is always the gold standard (used to get one free set of truck tires every year when I was racing bikes) so depending how these Patagonias work out, I may buy another set or will just go to KM3s. The super low price incentive for Patagonias seems to be gone and I'm fairly certain I'll get more life out of the KM3s, which is certainly a factor when you consider the fact that I have to burn about 5 hours mounting new tires on beadlocks... ugh

I give you credit for at least trying them and having an opinion based on your experience, which is totally fair. For me, Michelin/BFG is always the gold standard (used to get one free set of truck tires every year when I was racing bikes) so depending how these Patagonias work out, I may buy another set or will just go to KM3s. The super low price incentive for Patagonias seems to be gone and I'm fairly certain I'll get more life out of the KM3s, which is certainly a factor when you consider the fact that I have to burn about 5 hours mounting new tires on beadlocks... ugh
Walmart has Patagonia 35’s for $176

Reactions: reddvltj and afmoto
I hope people can see through this, it is nothing more than a poorly designed tire. The Manufacturer is simply trying to push it on to the customer saying they are doing something wrong. No tire should be run at high pressure so it only runs on the center band. This is not a design feature, it is a design flaw. Crowned tires are for band saws.
No! You are wrong. It is new technology and built to run this way, hence the ultra quiet ride. This tire is not designed to run at ("high pressure") to the point of crowning like you are saying. However, they are designed to crown slightly when run with normal pressure, 30-35 psi on the street. The old rules we know for other M/T's do not apply to this newly designed tire. Check out there website, it is stated as such. Also, I bought the E rated, 10 ply and wouldn't buy anything but the E rated, 10 ply for a Mud terrain

Jeep77jett said:
No! You are wrong.

It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong.

Patagonia's were once the tire du jour because they were cheap. Then jeepers discovered that Patagonias were cheap for a reason - they didn't perform well offroad and by many accounts not on pavement either. Then the prices went up.

Patagonia's are no longer the tire du jour.

The end.

No! You are wrong. It is new technology and built to run this way, hence the ultra quiet ride. This tire is not designed to run at ("high pressure") to the point of crowning like you are saying. However, they are designed to crown slightly when run with normal pressure, 30-35 psi on the street. The old rules we know for other M/T's do not apply to this newly designed tire. Check out there website, it is stated as such. Also, I bought the E rated, 10 ply and wouldn't buy anything but the E rated, 10 ply for a Mud terrain
Did you join the forum today just to run to this thread and wave a Patagonia flag?

No! You are wrong.
g.gif

Just ordered another set of 5 for $1067

I love the milestar hate,,,,more tires for me!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA

Last edited:
Reactions: afmoto
Status
Not open for further replies.