Milestar Patagonia 15k Mile Review

hosejockey61

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Omission is a lie. Since I had to mention it, I'd consider all comments after the fact pretty much bullshit.
Omission is a lie. Since I had to mention it, I'd consider all comments after the fact pretty much bullshit.
Calling a lie is a pretty far stretch. I don't give a shit one way or another what anyone wants to run for tires. If people are looking for recommendations they should gather as much info as possible... Kind of the point of this forum isn't it. I don't believe it was his intention to deceive because it doesn't matter in the end to him. I've seen them first hand when he first got them, on the trail, and after his 5000 miles of use. Those tires suck. In my opinion of course, buy them if you want 😂

TWiG01

None of the last 30+ posts surprise me. This is a budget, mass produced, Indonesian made tire from a manufacturer who was essentially non-existent in the off-road community until approx. a year ago. The writing was on the wall before the first test of these tires. Not to mention (and it’s purely subjective) their hideous tread pattern.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
None of the last 30+ posts surprise me. This is a budget, mass produced, Indonesian made tire from a manufacturer who was essentially non-existent in the off-road community until approx. a year ago. The writing was on the wall before the first test of these tires. Not to mention (and it’s purely subjective) their hideous tread pattern.
This was my thought as well, I just wanted people to read between the lines.

That’s not to say that they can’t work for some people, but perhaps when you put them to the real test, they aren’t as good as a higher end tire.

It could also be that there are inconsistencies in the production runs.

Reactions: TWiG01

TWiG01

This was my thought as well, I just wanted people to read between the lines.

That’s not to say that they can’t work for some people, but perhaps when you put them to the real test, they aren’t as good as a higher end tire.

It could also be that there are inconsistencies in the production runs.
For sure, manufacturing consistency is probably less than ideal.

Reactions: Chris

afmoto

DURTY TJ
Supporting Member
Well, I guess that’s still cheap compared to an MTR. Last I looked a 35” MTR was like $333 or something crazy!

Makes me happy I don’t have 37s 🤣
For me the MTR 35's are only $263 because I'm on 15" wheels... but I already tried the MTRs and couldn't stand the howling on the highway after 3-4K miles, so I'll never buy those again. See, that's a perfect example of yet another tire that so many other people love, but I definitely did not! Maybe I should start a MTR Haters Club... lol

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
For me the MTR 35's are only $263 because I'm on 15" wheels... but I already tried the MTRs and couldn't stand the howling on the highway after 3-4K miles, so I'll never buy those again. See, that's a perfect example of yet another tire that so many other people love, but I definitely did not! Maybe I should start a MTR Haters Club... lol
Haha! Yeah in the 17” size those MTRs cost a lot more.

I hear you though, just keep running them if they work for you.

jjvw

Everything is great. No issues.
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
You can and you should. If the Patagonias did any one thing well, I would feel very differently about them.

hosejockey61

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I can agree with you there. I love the MT/R's off road.... Incredible tire. On the road, I don't like them so much. They are tough to balance too.

Reactions: afmoto and jjvw

afmoto

DURTY TJ
Supporting Member
You can and you should. If the Patagonias did any one thing well, I would feel very differently about them.
I give you credit for at least trying them and having an opinion based on your experience, which is totally fair. For me, Michelin/BFG is always the gold standard (used to get one free set of truck tires every year when I was racing bikes) so depending how these Patagonias work out, I may buy another set or will just go to KM3s. The super low price incentive for Patagonias seems to be gone and I'm fairly certain I'll get more life out of the KM3s, which is certainly a factor when you consider the fact that I have to burn about 5 hours mounting new tires on beadlocks... ugh

Apparition

Notable member
Supporting Member
I give you credit for at least trying them and having an opinion based on your experience, which is totally fair. For me, Michelin/BFG is always the gold standard (used to get one free set of truck tires every year when I was racing bikes) so depending how these Patagonias work out, I may buy another set or will just go to KM3s. The super low price incentive for Patagonias seems to be gone and I'm fairly certain I'll get more life out of the KM3s, which is certainly a factor when you consider the fact that I have to burn about 5 hours mounting new tires on beadlocks... ugh
Walmart has Patagonia 35’s for $176

Reactions: afmoto