Turbo 4 Liter

My issue was not being able to program anything through the software including tones for "privacy channels" and repeaters. Glad you got a good one!

Still hoping for pics of the DC10 cockpit 🙂

Reactions: Wildman
Still hoping for pics of the DC10 cockpit 🙂
You asked for it 🤣🤣

20220221_205330.jpg

20220221_205131.jpg

Spent some time yesterday working on a heatshield for the intake. I'm planning on wrapping the header as well, but I'm trying to cut down on some under- hood temps and heatsoak. I'm probably going to cut a finished one out of 1/8" carbon fiber. It's nice having a spare Jeep to mock things up on.

20220305_172011.jpg

One of our metal suppliers screwed up and sent us some non-conforming 1/8" aluminum sheets. They didn't want them back so I decided to cut some up and make a cargo basket for the Jeep. The basket turned out pretty good, now I just need to fab up some brackets and maybe a Jerry can mount.

20220323_173209.jpg

20220323_191133.jpg

How will it mount and how much time will it take to make mine? TAKE MY MOONEEZ!!!! 😆 Seriously though, I would love something lightweight and easily removable. Just something capable of handling a Dometic cooler that I only need half an excuse to buy ☺️ I have a Savvy bumper with integrated receiver but we've been warned over and over by Blaine not to tow or use a cargo basket with them because of metal fatigue.

I think the Jeep universe is trying to tell me something. These head studs just showed up today after being on order from ARP since last fall. I think it's time to finish assembling the stroker.

20220331_174039.jpg

Small amounts of progress. The head is on with the new cam, lifters and head studs. I degreed the cam and finish assembled the timing chain. Now I am waiting on some longer main studs. The 4.0 studs were too short to work with the girdle and the stroker crank. I got with ARP and they are sending me some longer studs.

20220420_120309.jpg

I took it out to Crossbar Ranch in Davis Oklahoma yesterday. We had a pretty good day overall. The weather was perfect, no breakdowns in our group, minimal damage (except for some rock rash on my wheels) and the place wasn't super busy. The Jeep ran good overall, but there were obvious areas for improvement. Hydro assist steering, better tires and lower transfer case gears are definitely on the list for future mods.

20220424_142015.jpg

20220424_141929.jpg

20220423_143439.jpg

I swear somedays all I do is chase myself around in circles.

20220503_115721.jpg

Weight reduction!!!

You extending the sump and clearancing the spaced out brace at the same time? I just used a precision BFH on mine 😆

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Weight reduction!!!

You extending the sump and clearancing the spaced out brace at the same time? I just used a precision BFH on mine 😆
It can't leak if there is no oil.

The girdle was hitting all the way down the front of the pan. I'm going to sump that strip where the girdle hits.

Hey Jezza is there a spread sheet or a parts list that you could send my way I have a 91 Yj I would love to do this too
This is what I used when I put this one together. The exact parts are up to you whatever you want to use, and can get.

Turbo Parts_220518_221642_1.jpg

Turbo Parts_220518_221642_2.jpg